Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia Surround/Eyeinfinity

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 7, 2011 12:13:29 AM

After reading into multi-screen gaming, I thought it would be a good idea to get it at some point in the future. It seems like a nice concept and I'm willing to give it a shot. With that, I bought a second screen (identical to my first one) with the intention of eventually getting another one to game on 3 screens.

I have been reading around, and I ran into DP ports, something I've never heard of before. From what I have gathered, it seems like the Radeon cards all use DP on their cards to do Eyeinfinity, and Nvidia not so much, but still has it and that these DP ports are at the heart of multi-screen gaming. I would just like to confirm this.

My current setup is a GTX460 768mb card and 2 ASUS VW246H. Neither my graphics card (with 2 DVI and 1 mini-HDMI ports) nor my screens (with D-SUB, DVI and HDMI ports) have these DP ports. If I wanted to do multi-screen gaming, what would I do?
a c 251 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
a c 89 Î Nvidia
September 7, 2011 12:31:08 AM

You would use the dvi ports on the card to connect to the two monitors and then you would have to enable the two monitor option in the Nvidia control panel. Under the display section you will see an option to set up multipe displays.
September 7, 2011 12:34:14 AM

inzone said:
You would use the dvi ports on the card to connect to the two monitors and then you would have to enable the two monitor option in the Nvidia control panel. Under the display section you will see an option to set up multipe displays.

You misunderstand me. I'm planning for when I get my third screen. I don't plan on gaming with 2 screens.
Related resources
a c 251 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
a c 89 Î Nvidia
September 7, 2011 12:55:59 AM

Ok , you have 2 DVI ports and one mini HDMI , that adds up to 3. All of those ports on the card work and at any time if you were to plug a cable into one of them to another screen or two you would get picture. The only thing I am unsure of at this point is if that card would support 3 monitors , you may need a beefier card or add another GTX 460. Then you would have 4 DVI ports.
a b U Graphics card
September 7, 2011 5:33:14 PM

You would have to add a second graphics card to enable 3 monitor support, nvidia only supports two monitors at a time with one graphics card unless you have an EVGA-460x2(The SLI version of the 460 gtx on one PCB) or a 590gtx.
!