Best Video Card Under $106?

I'm looking for a video card available under $106 (Newegg in-store credit).

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: I do not have an exact purchase date, but the sooner, the better.

BUDGET: No more than $106 (not including rebates; including shipping)

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming (Source games and a few demanding games that I won't play as often or at high settings), everyday things, etc.

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: Integrated Radeon HD 4200 and a Thermaltake TR2 600W PSU (not high quality, but my current PC isn't high-end)

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: AMD Athlon II X4 630 2.8GHz

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg.com

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: US

PARTS PREFERENCES: I would like something with at least 1GB of VRAM (DDR5/GDDR5 would be nice) and DX11 support

OVERCLOCKING: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1600x900

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I would like something that will last for a bit since I am saving up for an AMD build for BD and the HD 7000 series.
3 answers Last reply
More about best video card
  1. Both Bulldozer and Southern Islands are coming out by the end of the year. Why don't you just wait for those?
  2. I want to, but I also want to be able to play my games AND wait. The $106 won't really affect my budget much, so I thought of just getting a cheap video card that will play my games. I will only get to build the PC when I move (which might be at the end of this year or early/mid next year).
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product