Should i be worried about by 2500k's temps?

fasty1

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
I switched from an x6 1050t to the 2500k yesterday and as of now using an a50 cooler with stock paste i get around 30-33 idle temp and low 40's while playing League of legends. Havent tried intensive game, didnt oc. Is this norm because my x6 was idling around 23 celcius.

I suspect your 23c number was not accurate. That is room temperature, and a cooler will run 10-15c over ambient.

Regardless, your temps look good. Try a stress test using prime95. So long as it tops out near 70c you are good. the tjmax for a 2500K is about 95c. Use realtemp to measure.

omega21xx

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Phenom ii at idle tend to run a little cooler than an i5 in my experience especially since the phenom you mentioned runs at a very low speed and tdp. (same tdp as the i5 i think but CnQ tends to work really well for power usage and temps)

seumas_beathan

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012

Oh no and just to say i wasnt trying to undermime you or anything, i have just always found HWmonitor to be a more easy to use program with a better interface

As said above, i have found AMD's temperatures readings at idle to be off(intels are as well on some cpus).

AMD CnQ does clock lower, I was impressed with how low the power use was on the X4 955 for a cpu of its time and design.

The onboard temperature sensors are for thermal shutdown so are not that accurate until higher temperatures are reached. Motherboard sensors tend to not be well calibrated.

Your cpu is WELL within specs.