Sign in with
Your question

AMD 1090T - GigaByte or ASUS or Digilite

Last response: in CPUs
February 4, 2012 4:30:07 PM

Hi Experts,

Let me be straight to the point.

From this Forum/threads and googling I found 1090T is better than FX6100 in many aspects.

Now I'm stuck with the MoBo for this 1090T.

I have 3 options.

1. ASUSTeK M4A88T-M LE - http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3/M4A88TM_LE/
2. Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3 - http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...
3. Digilite 880G + SB710 - http://www.c-libz.com/today2/products/motherboards.htm
( 2nd Column from the Last. )

I need Your advice on this. I'm from India and here we have to buy from only retailers and we have limited options.
If anyone suggest a better Motherboard for AMD 1090T then it will be very very helpful.

Thanks a lot experts for Your advice.

Masten.
a b à CPUs
February 4, 2012 5:48:16 PM

Easy, Go with the ASUSTek board as its a good little overclocker.
a c 94 à CPUs
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 4, 2012 5:53:58 PM

+1 or with GA-880, both will serve you well and now down to price and features.
Related resources
a c 263 à CPUs
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 4, 2012 5:55:37 PM

If you are a gamer and plan on adding a powerful graphics card, be aware that a long 2-slot card will cover at least 2 SATA ports on the Asus and more on the Gigabyte.
a b à CPUs
February 4, 2012 6:01:31 PM

clutchc said:
If you are a gamer and plan on adding a powerful graphics card, be aware that a long 2-slot card will cover at least 2 SATA ports on the Asus and more on the Gigabyte.

Unless you use the right angled SATA port cables which i do with mine.
a c 263 à CPUs
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 4, 2012 6:52:14 PM

Uther39 said:
Unless you use the right angled SATA port cables which i do with mine.

Yes, rt. angle connectors will work if they are low-profile enough to clear the card's fan housing ...and turned the correct way.

I tried to use right angle SATA connectors on an older Asus P5N-E SLI board when I added a second graphics card. The darn connectors were turned the wrong way. The 1st SATA cable ended up laying over and covering the other SATA slots. Anyway, I just thought I'd pass that along as food for thought.
February 5, 2012 2:03:32 AM

Hi all,

I need to tell You few things.
1. I'm a IT guy who work in SAP and I need to build a server.
2. I will never use this machine for gaming/video/browsing/entertainment/regular use.
3. I use this mainly to run SAP applications.

Here are my MAIN REQUIREMENTS.

1. I need to run VM Wares on this machine. Will that be possible?
2. What options should I select to make the optimum use of the resources on the machine?

3. Frankly, I do not want to lie, I did not understand anything what You told me in the posts earlier. I'm sorry for that being a novice gamer.

My main requirement is, I need this machine to run servers, which demand complex resources.
Can anyone please help me on that.

Thanks a ton,

Masten.
a c 184 à CPUs
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 5, 2012 2:47:25 AM

You should have gotten a better processor for that XD Anyways the asus board is a nice board.
April 10, 2012 9:51:23 AM

masten12 said:
Hi all,

I need to tell You few things.
1. I'm a IT guy who work in SAP and I need to build a server.
2. I will never use this machine for gaming/video/browsing/entertainment/regular use.
3. I use this mainly to run SAP applications.

Here are my MAIN REQUIREMENTS.

1. I need to run VM Wares on this machine. Will that be possible?
2. What options should I select to make the optimum use of the resources on the machine?

3. Frankly, I do not want to lie, I did not understand anything what You told me in the posts earlier. I'm sorry for that being a novice gamer.

My main requirement is, I need this machine to run servers, which demand complex resources.
Can anyone please help me on that.

Thanks a ton,

Masten.

You can go for DIGILITE DL-88MX3-FC, It is value for money. Fits in all your requirements.
!