Im going to buy a new PSU and a Graphics Card

What I might buy:
Corsair TX650 650W
MSI GeForce GTX 560Ti 1GB PhysX

My Current setup, without PSU and Graphics card:
ASUS M2N-E SLI
AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 6000+
4GB RAM

I have no idea wether this will be a good thing or a bad thing, with my current setup..I'd really appreciate it if one of you tech-wizards would aprove of this, or advice me on something better for my computer..Im desperate for some gaming :C

On the pictures of the GTX 560Ti it looks like it needs 2 cables with six holes in each, to be connected...my current PSU only has one of these..Im not even sure what those are called. The Corsair one im looking at has two of these (Called 6+2 pin, don't know if thats the right ones)

- as you can propably tell from my post, I am pretty much an hardware-illiterate.

g-unit1111

Titan
I'd personally look at upgrading your motherboard and CPU - an AMD dual core isn't going to cut it with some of today's resource hungry games like Battlefield 3 or MW3 or Skyrim, and so on. Go for a 970 and Phenom II setup - that can be done on the cheap, you'll probably also have to get some new RAM but with RAM at ~$50 for 8GB that's not a problem.

pro-gamer

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
the upgrade of gtx 560ti is bad choice because your current cpu will be bottleneck your gtx560ti your cpu is good enough but can't feed gtx560ti to keep it stable so in this case leave it go for 5770 this will be good one and psu you might like to go is right.

Halindir

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011

What do you mean by bottlenecked?
If I bought the 560Ti, would it be harmful for my hardware with my current CPU?..If not, i'll just go with what I have, and save up for a new CPU later on.

Also thanks guys, I really appreciate your replies :)

pro-gamer

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
BOTTLENECK means that your cpu is not too stronger to hold gtx560ti if you can put 560ti you will be not happy with its performance, i mean the real performance of gtx560ti can't give it to you.

Halindir

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
I've written the suggested Motherboard and CPU down..But i'll propably not be upgrading to those in a few months.
Im mostly looking to play games a year or two old, so I hope it will suffice until I have saved up enough to upgrade the MB and CPU.

Thank you very much for your time and words :)