Ben Meyer and Rob Wright

boldeagle

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
http://us.tomsgames.com/us/2008/12/17/tomsgames_openletter/ does not load to anything.

Does anyone have a valid link to the open letter explaining why they left?

They left because the wise new owners of toms decided to fire them and disband the toms games section.

It was posted in the forums as well, can't recall what to search unfortunately.

That episode left a lot of people unhappy and a few have not returned.

Popular enough to get alot of responses to it closing down, a few people in those threads felt compelled to post.

If that happened to some of the other toms writers I honestly couldn't see anyone giving a damn.

I agree SS ... Ben and Rob rocked.

I liked their vids and humorous take on things.

If BoM wants to move THG forward they need to reinvigorate this area ... or lose the younger gamers to other sites.

It beats me how those German hardware review guys still have a job when their articles are simply atrocious ... man do they have shares in this site or something?

Chris and Don's are stellar by comparison.

Toms also needs a good server reviewer ... that area is sadly lacking a technical bod who can review rackable stuff.

randomizer

Champion

The vocal few will always complain. Nobody says anything when they're happy, only when they're pissed. The reality is that Tom's Games had very little traffic compared to the other two sister sites and was not financially viable. "A few people" is not something BoM is interested in.