Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

GTX 570 Lagging?

Last response: in Components
Share
February 4, 2012 9:34:38 PM

So apparently this is what is happening, my games are lagging like shi* and my desktop feels sluggish. When I load it keeps on giving me the "Windows Error" message making me choose "Start Windows Normally" or something else. This happened after I installed a new CPU cooler the Noctua ND-14 and my fps is like 30-60 in left 4 dead 2 when it's supposed to be around 150-200, can anyone here explain what's going on? I tried uninstalling- reinstalling the drivers, the sound was muffled as hell too but I stopped using the Nvidia Drivers, I had BSOD a few times before....

More about : gtx 570 lagging

February 4, 2012 9:40:33 PM

Hello halodude23;

What are you CPU temps like?
If the cooler isn't installed correctly it might be overheating and throttling down to save itself from cooking.
m
0
l
February 4, 2012 9:47:35 PM

Install a fresh copy of windows
m
0
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 4, 2012 9:48:03 PM

WR2 said:
Hello halodude23;

What are you CPU temps like?
If the cooler isn't installed correctly it might be overheating and throttling down to save itself from cooking.

Hello, my cpu temp is 21* farenheit
m
0
l
February 4, 2012 9:56:14 PM

21F? Really? below freezing?
m
0
l
February 4, 2012 10:10:34 PM

WR2 said:
21F? Really? below freezing?

Sorry, 21* celcius, I used the wrong measurement lol...Is there a solution for the problem?
m
0
l
February 4, 2012 10:12:41 PM

Even 21C under load doesn't seem right. I'd be expecting something closer to 45C with that cooler when gaming.
m
0
l
February 4, 2012 10:21:46 PM

WR2 said:
Even 21C under load doesn't seem right. I'd be expecting something closer to 45C with that cooler when gaming.

My bad, I wasn't being clear..
Idle:21C
For L4D2: 35 C
m
0
l
February 4, 2012 10:23:39 PM

And between the time GTX 570 was not lagging during gaming
... and when the GTX 570 started lagging - only the CPU cooler got changed? Nothing else changed?
m
0
l
February 4, 2012 10:27:48 PM

WR2 said:
And between the time GTX 570 was not lagging during gaming
... and when the GTX 570 started lagging - only the CPU cooler got changed? Nothing else changed?


I was lagging already when I reassembled the pc back together, I had a few BSOD and when I loaded it gave me the "Windows Error," also the whole screen slowly disappears like a white line coming down to clean up the words.

Yeah, it's only when I installed the CPU cooler, replacing the Coolermaster 212+ and the GTX 570 is new, got it last week, replaced the GTX 460.
m
0
l
!