Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

9800 GT on 300watt PSU

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 7, 2011 9:54:43 AM

I have HP m8200n
Chipset:NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Proc:Athlon 64 X2 3.00ghz 6000+ dual core
4gb DDR2 RAM
supports PCI Express 1.0 x16 graphics cards
300WATT Lite-on PSU

Will Nvidia 9800 GT 1GB (EVGA made) run well on my PSU???

More about : 9800 300watt psu

a c 173 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
September 7, 2011 12:30:03 PM

The actual consumption for the 65nm version depending on clocks and sample quality is around 85w while the 55nm version is around 50-75w. The green edition that is 55nm and does not have a 6pin power connector is meant for such systems as yours but they have gotten rather rare.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
September 7, 2011 1:07:23 PM

To answer your question: No that PSu wont be able to handle it. If you already have the 9800 GT I suggest you get a better PSU then in time a better system because that is rather out-dated however if you were looking to get a 9800 GT here is one of the green editions: http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=98TFF6HXXEXZ&ca...
m
0
l
September 8, 2011 8:31:32 AM

Kindly just tell me EVGA 9800 1gb will work 4 me? Yes or No?
m
0
l
a c 171 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
September 8, 2011 9:58:19 AM

YES it will boot into windows, but under load your power supply will blow up.
m
0
l
a c 173 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
September 8, 2011 11:20:23 AM

-.- Just tell us what version that you have and maybe it will run but blowing up no. OEM units from Dell and HP as well IBM are better than those generic pos crap units that people often buy at the low end. What will likely happen is the system won't be very stable and will blue screen or reboot unexpectedly.
m
0
l
September 8, 2011 1:37:23 PM

nforce4max said:
-.- Just tell us what version that you have and maybe it will run but blowing up no. OEM units from Dell and HP as well IBM are better than those generic pos crap units that people often buy at the low end. What will likely happen is the system won't be very stable and will blue screen or reboot unexpectedly.


"Just tell us what version that you have"
Version of what?
PSU?
If psu, then i got it with my branded HP machine...
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 8, 2011 2:52:07 PM

haseebkahn3 said:
"Just tell us what version that you have"
Version of what?
PSU?
If psu, then i got it with my branded HP machine...

What version of graphics card.. Complete make, and model if possible.
m
0
l
September 8, 2011 3:34:22 PM

clarkjd said:
What version of graphics card.. Complete make, and model if possible.


EVGA 9800GT
256 Bits 1024MB DDR3 550MHZ
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 8, 2011 3:46:27 PM

haseebkahn3 said:
EVGA 9800GT
256 Bits 1024MB DDR3 550MHZ

As EVGA makes several models of the 9800GT, do you have a part number?

On the Nvidia website, they recommend at least a 400-watt PSU for use with a 9800GT.
m
0
l
a c 173 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
September 8, 2011 3:50:39 PM

If all else you can take off the cooler and look at the core. A1/2 is 65nm and the B1 is 55nm, the reason why I am asking is because the 55nm version uses less power than the older model. You can also underclock the card to use even less power than before.
m
0
l
!