Solved

Problem with new build

Hi, my problem is this, my PC will not start, does not show video, motherboard LEDs light indicating it's okay, because when I turn all the fans start to run, but there is no sound or video. I hope you can help me.

Motherboard: Asus Formula V
Video Card: MSI GTX 560 Ti Hawk
Processor: AMD FX-8150
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (4x4GB)
Power: 700W Cooler Master
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about problem build
  1. Check if the gpu is plugged in carefully. Check its power and if its in the slot. Then check the cables.
  2. I already checked this connection's: The GPU, the power source and the memory. Everything is conected following the manuals.
  3. If your 100% everything is plugged in properly than maybe your gpu is dead. You should get an rma.
  4. I will try to test it in other PC. But assuming that's not the GPU. What could it be?
  5. Best answer
    CPU

notice your CPU is a bulldozer, some older motherboard need a firmware update to be compatible.
  6. I would say the RAM DIMM configuration. Make sure they are in the right slots per the motherboard's manual. Also make sure you have the 4pin / 8pin molex power connector plugged in on the motherboard.

I would think all of your hardware is good. It is pretty rare for someone to receive faulty hardware.
  7. I check that the bulldozer is compatible with the motherboard. I connected the 8 pin cable, I connect the memory according to the manual of the motherboard. I have tried everything but I can not determine what might be happening.
  8. compatible on the software side as well as hardware? as i said it may need a software update if it is made before bulldozer support was added.

otherwise try start with minimal amount of hardware. ie 1 ram stick, 1hdd ect, remove all the unnecessary stuff.
  9. The problem was the version of bios. Now I have another question, the memories are of 1866 MHz but the bios shows 1333 MHz, when I change it to 1866 will not start.
  10. Best answer selected by omarjoel.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Motherboards Systems