Quick Reply Submit button missing

Just happened now while watching the Colts-Jets game (go for the upset Jets!) and noticed the quick reply option has the text box at the bottom of the thread, but no 'submit' button, so effectively removing the option. Now you must use 'Add a reply' instead.

Not a big deal, but annoying with the slow to loading forum to reload another page. :pfff:

forumbug.jpg

tecmo34

Administrator
I think it has something to do with the Mod's screen versus the standard user. I'm using the quick reply function now.

Also... Go Colts!!! (of course I just live 1-1/2 hours away from Indy & the Jets beat my Bengals :( )

Ok, after your replies found out for me it's showing up as WHITE on a WHITE background WTF !!

Using FF which is usually more compatible, but for whatever reason the colour scheme is messed up.

Oh well, I'll just hover until the Java pop-up shows in the script bar.

And a little sick of the Colts and the Jets really, and the Favre post-retirement show, kinda hoping for the Saints to take it all.

rcs99rcs

Distinguished
May 25, 2010
Hi... new to the forum.... I am trying to "ask the community" a question, but there doesn't seem to be a "submit" button.

Am I missing it?

elel

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009

I just looked at the form, and the submit button is a large red button below the bottom right corner of the text frame, to the right of a preview button of the same size and style.

rcs99rcs

Distinguished
May 25, 2010
i wish it was visible to me... there is no 'preview' button either....

i only see "submit" in Quick Reply... not in "add a reply" or "ask community"...

i'd make an image of what i do/don't see to post it - but i wouldn't be able to submit it... could you make an screen-shot of what you see?

thanks!

elel

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
When I hold my mouse over the button, it changes into the 'hand' cursor. If it doesn't do that, there must be some real issue, as in it's not there at all, not just invisible. One suggestion. If you have noscript, you might temporarily allow tomshardware. Noscript often breaks buttons.

elel

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
Sorry, missed the ie6. Try firefox - it's awesome :) And IE6 is seriously vulnerable.
Also, I seem to remember something about this site being optimized for firefox.

elel

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
If you do get firefox, you owe it to yourself to install the adblock plus plugin. It will strip out all the annoying adds on this site.

Elel, and how do you think this site makes money?
Only block the ads if they are slowing the page load, otherwise you're not helping the site.

BTW, Firefox doesn't always work better, see the original post.

Chrome is becoming more and more attractive all the time.

elel

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
Well, why look at them when I never click on them anyway? I guess I could allow a couple, but some of the adds they find are extremely annoying. But seriously, I could probably count on my fingers the number of times I have purposely clicked on an in-site add. Except for their price-grabber engine. Thats pretty nice, I hope they get add revenue from it, and it's not blocked by add-block.

TRENDING THREADS