Sign in with
Your question

30" Apple Cinema Display

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 7, 2011 3:09:00 PM

I bought a DELL M6600 Precision workstation (laptop) with a NVIDIA Quadro3000M card and an e-port plus replicator to dock the laptop into. This is what DELL siad I needed in order to run the 30" display. The replicator has two DVI ports and I have the dual link cable that came with my display. I can only get a 1200x800 resolution out of this , any ideas?

More about : apple cinema display

a c 91 Î Nvidia
a b D Laptop
September 7, 2011 4:34:42 PM

Do you have the latest drivers installed and in the nvidia control pannel do you have the highest resolution selected and the 30" monitor as the main display. What resolutions are you expecting and what is the top capability of that graphics chip. What do you have for resolutions on the monitor and are you able to change the settings.
m
l
September 7, 2011 5:24:18 PM

inzone said:
Do you have the latest drivers installed and in the nvidia control pannel do you have the highest resolution selected and the 30" monitor as the main display. What resolutions are you expecting and what is the top capability of that graphics chip. What do you have for resolutions on the monitor and are you able to change the settings.

the top resolution for this monitor is 2560x1600, I have it selected but it sees it as a generic monitor
I have checked to make sure I have the latest driver and DELL assures me this card is capable of this resolution
I am not able to change the settings as 1200x800 is all that is showing up
m
l
March 7, 2012 3:56:43 PM

I have a very similar problem. I have a Latitude E6520 with the nVidia NVS 4200m which is perfectly capable of running a Dell U3011 30" 2560x1600 monitor. However, when the dual link DVI cable is plugged into the e-port docking station the "available" resolutions detected are far below the native resolution (1600x1200 is the highest that shows up). I also installed the latest Monitor and Graphics drivers. Anybody find a fix for this? Is the e-port screwing things up? nVidia allow custom resolutions but I can't find proper timings for the porch or sync values to get native to work. Anybody know what settings would work for a U3011 monitor?

...Ben
m
l
!