PC takes long time to power on

deathbot

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
Hello,

I built my Win 7 HTPC and everything worked fine at first. Then one day, I hit the power button and nothing happened. The next day, I opened it up, checked for any loose connections, hit the power button and it booted up immediately. Put it back in my entertainment center and it soon started doing the same thing. But what I soon realized was that it was powering on, but about 5 minutes later. What happens when I hit the power button is that the power buttom flashes quickly, but does not power on, fans do not spin, no post beep... nothing. Then a few minutes later, it starts up as if I had just pushed the button.

I have built five machines so far, so while I am not a novice, I am still learning.

Any thoughts, PS, battery, ram?

deathbot

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
I wouldn't think it's a temp issue since it doesn't shut down after start up. It stays cool the entire time it's running and it will run for days with out an issue. But you never know.

deathbot

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
The bios is up to date, but I haven't tried disconnecting components yet. That is the next step. I am pretty buy trying to meet a deadline right now which is why I haven't try anything yet. I will try this in the next couple of days.