Thinking about painting a PC case

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
I was thinking about buying a new case just so I could paint it, I've seen guides to painting cases and all, but is there a way to buy just "plain" unpainted cases? And is there a way to spray-paint with minimal gloss whilst still making the surface of the paint smooth? Because I don't really want a shiny case :S

the more thin layers you can use the better. it will give a deeper richer colour. to get a proper finish you have to apply the correct method of sanding and polishing or it will look like you attacked it with a paint roller while drunk... best just to try and find a colour you can live with or choose a matt finish that wont require as much finishing...

then get a cheap air brush kit and put your own stencil design on it... the end results can be very impressive for a little bit of effort. you may also consider a custom paint job from a professional but that will cost ...

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012

Ah okay, I already know what colours I want, any other tips you can give me on painting it and equipment I'll need? Or how-to's?

windswept1111

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
So i was able to take some time and do a painting on my Wife's PC case. I learned a lot form it. Like dont let the metal get real cold.. so dont leave it in the garage over night in Winter . Some cracking in the paint but its my first piece. Please let me now what you think.

Im hoping to do some more custom work for friends.

http://www.foundmyself.com/Windswe [...] ase/114888