What are 8 core CPUs from AMD

i have been hearing about them for a long time but dont know what it is ?? IS it a processor like i7 or i5 processor or whole PC with a 8 core processor and with a case...

Please explain me in detail and also tell me some of its models

and last are there any 8core processors/CPUs of INTEL
5 answers Last reply
More about what core cpus
  1. In detail is something you will need to read through on their websites and try to understand the differences from their individual architecture point of view.
    This would turn into a very very detailed thread and a long one if we were to post the entire thing here and will really take a lot of editing time....:)
  2. For almost any high-end desktop application, though, and especially gaming, Intel is currently the way to go.
  3. I like my FX Bulldozer chip pretty good. But....Next time i am going Intel. I guess i'll just have to save up for it
  4. Just be aware that the vast majority of games only use 2 cores. There are a few games that uses 3 or 4 cores, but they are in the minority. More games will use 3 or 4 core in the near future, but they will still be in the minority.

Developing a game to use many cores is actually complex and time consuming. That also means it takes more money to develop. Current games that can use 4 cores, do not use it effectively. It's been a while, but there was an article I read back at the beginning of 2011 or late 2010 about CPU scaling in games that can use 4 cores. It showed an average of 26% performance improvement going from 2 cores to 3 cores. But just another 6% on average going from 3 cores to 4 cores.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Core Processors