"1 Thread" Always Listed

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
I posted on a thread (this one) a few days ago, and ever since then the right-hand column's "Thread" tab always lists that one as if there are unread messages there... only there aren't. It's rather annoying to have it mixed up with threads that truly do have new posts. So, is there any way I can "reset" the counter to get rid of the false notification?

randomizer

Champion
If a spammer posted there and had their thread removed while banning, it causes anomalies like this sometimes. It also keeps the poster's username in the "Last post" column. I do what you did, I remove the flag and if I think the thread is worth tracking I re-enable the flag again.

randomizer

Champion
Nope, but I'm going to bet on a spam post being removed via the ban interface (the thread topic does seem like something that could attract a spammer). Simply "deleting" it will not cause this problem since it's actually not deleted, just hidden. Ban and delete makes it irrecoverable. Now that my post is the latest and you can actually view it the system doesn't have a problem.