Desktop Icon text - Lost Transparency

August 10, 2004 12:23:45 AM

My desktop icon text is no longer transparent. How can I get it back to
being transparent?
Anonymous
August 10, 2004 11:48:17 PM

Click on the Start button
Select Control Panel
Then select Performance and Maintenance/Adjust Visual Effects/"Use drop shadows
for icon labels on the Desktop".
Classic - Control Panel/System/Advanced/Performance/Settings
If this still doesn't do the trick, right-click the desktop, point to Arrange
Icons By and make sure that Lock Web Items on Desktop is un-checked

"Atif Rahman" <atifr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o poskWjfEHA.592@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> My desktop icon text is no longer transparent. How can I get it back to
> being transparent?

Anonymous
August 10, 2004 11:48:18 PM

Kaylene,

Thanks for the tip. I couldn't have imagined it would be so simple!

"Kaylene aka Taurarian" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Click on the Start button
> Select Control Panel
> Then select Performance and Maintenance/Adjust Visual Effects/"Use drop
shadows
> for icon labels on the Desktop".
> Classic - Control Panel/System/Advanced/Performance/Settings
> If this still doesn't do the trick, right-click the desktop, point to
Arrange
> Icons By and make sure that Lock Web Items on Desktop is un-checked
>
> "Atif Rahman" <atifr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o poskWjfEHA.592@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > My desktop icon text is no longer transparent. How can I get it back
> > being transparent?

Anonymous
August 11, 2004 11:09:09 AM

The simple things are often the hardest to find. Have a good day.
Kaylene

!