Creative Sound Blaster X-fi Titanium VS Realtek ALC892

procs

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Hello Everyone,

I have a Creative Sound Blaster X-fi Titanium 7.1 PCI-exp and I bought a new motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V PRO that come with Realtek ALC892. I would like to know witch sound device is better, witch one I should
use?

Thanks
Procs

procs

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
I will do it.

My friend bought the motherboard for me in NY, I am in Brazil waiting for him :)

As I am very anxious eh eh and I am deciding if I will build my new computer with X-fi or not I decided ask for you :)

Thanks
Procs

Music and sound is very subjective depending on who is listening. What one person likes, another will not. Not sure anymore, but Creative drivers have just plain been terrible since Vista came out. Not sure how they are with Win7, I tossed my Creative Titanium sound card in the trash a few years back I got so disgusted with them for the bad support with the release of Vista.

monsta

Splendid
Just recently bought a Titanium HD and running it on W7 64 and not an issue whatsoever.I had a X-fi Gamer extreme Fatality, a few years back , had nothing but problems going from xp to vista/7 so I sold it.
Looks like creative have fixed all their driver problems that they had in the past, so make sure you download the latest drivers for it from the creative website.
You will notice a better sound from the titanium from the onboard.