Sign in with
Your question

ASUS Maximus V FORMULA Boot Problem

Last response: in Motherboards
December 9, 2012 1:34:06 AM

Just bought and installed an ASUS Maximus V FORMULA LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard.

I've put this together with a 1000W PSU with 2 - Nividia 660Ti's and then just tried one. All I can get is the motherboard lights to come on when I flip the PSU switch. Beyond that, fans, etc don't respond. All connects are correct. Tried using my older but fairly new 650W PSU which worked prior to this upgrade build and still the same effect.

What could I be doing wrong??

Any input is appreciated!
a c 150 Ĉ ASUS
a c 558 V Motherboard
December 9, 2012 5:02:23 PM

Hi, It could be a shorting issue (try testing the board outside the case) or a wrong conection of the power and reset switches. You can try disconnecting them and starting the board by shortly shorting with a screwdriver the 2 pins corresponding to the power switch.
m
l
December 12, 2012 6:42:53 AM

doulos0720 said:
Just bought and installed an ASUS Maximus V FORMULA LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard.

I've put this together with a 1000W PSU with 2 - Nividia 660Ti's and then just tried one. All I can get is the motherboard lights to come on when I flip the PSU switch. Beyond that, fans, etc don't respond. All connects are correct. Tried using my older but fairly new 650W PSU which worked prior to this upgrade build and still the same effect.

What could I be doing wrong??

Any input is appreciated!

Hi, I had same problem. There was a suggestion in ASUS forums rog.asus.com.
do you see GO LED below Reset button on motherboard blinking?
Basically, the problem is with the wifi module. Remove the module and try. If it works, then remove the small metal L bracket from the module and plug the module without Metal bracket to motherboard. This bracket is used to screw the module to motherboard. It is somehow shorting something. Hope that helps.

Pardha.
m
l
Related resources
December 18, 2012 1:11:17 AM

pardhar said:
Hi, I had same problem. There was a suggestion in ASUS forums rog.asus.com.
do you see GO LED below Reset button on motherboard blinking?
Basically, the problem is with the wifi module. Remove the module and try. If it works, then remove the small metal L bracket from the module and plug the module without Metal bracket to motherboard. This bracket is used to screw the module to motherboard. It is somehow shorting something. Hope that helps.

Pardha.

I had the exact same problem. My first thought was bad motherboard. I was about ready to pack up and ship back. I decided to search and found a lot of people having the same issue. Removing the wifi module was the issue. Works great if you remove the wifi module or install wifi module without the metal L bracket.

Thanks for this post! Hope this helps others with the same issue!

m
l
!