New to PS2

Okay... one question that I'm sure has been posted here before but I don't
see in my newsreader (so I apologize):

- What are your 5 MUST HAVE games?

I'm heading out in about 1 hour to buy the 5 most recommended games from
this newsgroup. So please let me know what to get!

Thanks,
Ken
18 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    wrote in alt.games.video.sony-playstation2:

    > Okay... one question that I'm sure has been posted here before but I
    > don't see in my newsreader (so I apologize):
    >
    > - What are your 5 MUST HAVE games?
    >
    > I'm heading out in about 1 hour to buy the 5 most recommended games
    > from this newsgroup. So please let me know what to get!

    I don't have five right off the top of my head, but here's a few I think
    would be worthwhile:

    1) Katamari Damacy -- oddball enough to be fascinating, but easy to play,
    even without the tutorial. And at an MSRP of $20, it won't put a big dent
    in your wallet.
    2) Any of the Ratchet & Clank series, although if you haven't played any of
    them, be sure to start with the original and go on from there. The first
    two are part of the Greatest Hits collection ($20 each), so you could get a
    good start and keep yourself well entertained until R&C:UYA joins their
    ranks.

    --
    Glenn Shaw • Indianapolis, IN USA

    > Okay... one question that I'm sure has been posted here before but I
    > don't see in my newsreader (so I apologize):
    >
    > - What are your 5 MUST HAVE games?
    >
    > I'm heading out in about 1 hour to buy the 5 most recommended games
    > from this newsgroup. So please let me know what to get!
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ken

    This is just my list. Others will differ. In alphabetical order.

    1. Beyond Good and Evil
    2. Castlevania: lament of Innocence
    3. Katamari Damacy
    4. Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
    5. Time Crisis (II, III, or Crisis Zone)

    Beyond Good and Evil is a multi platform title, but the rest are all PS2
    exclusive.

    > - What are your 5 MUST HAVE games?

    Gran Turismo 4
    Colin McRae Rally '04
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
    NHL 2005
    Tony Hawk Underground 2

    GTA: San Andreas
    Gran Turismo 4
    Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution
    Devil May Cry
    Ratchet & Clank

    these are all PS2 exclusives and listed in no particular order, typically if
    the game is multiplatform I won't buy the PS2 version, I'll go Xbox or even
    Gamecube (in the event it isn't on the Xbox). You will probabaly enjoy Jak
    and Daxter games and any prequels or sequels to the games I've mentioned.
    Many of these games and their prequels or sequels are greatest hits now.

    In article <gPqdnXDh2vNEaazfRVn-pQ@speakeasy.net>, <Ken> wrote:
    >Okay... one question that I'm sure has been posted here before but I don't
    >see in my newsreader (so I apologize):
    >
    >- What are your 5 MUST HAVE games?

    Me? I like turn-based RPGs and adventure games so mine are:

    Fatal Frame
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    Disgaea
    Xenosaga
    Gran Turismo 4

    >I'm heading out in about 1 hour to buy the 5 most recommended games from
    >this newsgroup. So please let me know what to get!

    You really should post what types of games you're interested in. See, I
    doubt anyone else is going to match my 5 at all. Well, I guess others
    will pick MGS3 and GT4 too.

    And newsgroups aren't like chat rooms, so you might have to wait until
    tomorrow to get a decent amount of responses.

    ==========
    Steve Liu
    "I know I should not eat thee... Mmm, sacrilicious..." - Homer Simpson
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    <Ken> wrote in message news:gPqdnXDh2vNEaazfRVn-pQ@speakeasy.net...
    > Okay... one question that I'm sure has been posted here before but I don't
    > see in my newsreader (so I apologize):
    >
    > - What are your 5 MUST HAVE games?
    >
    > I'm heading out in about 1 hour to buy the 5 most recommended games from
    > this newsgroup. So please let me know what to get!
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ken

    SSX 3
    Grand Theft Auto Vice City
    Spider-Man 2
    Prince of Persia
    Katamari Damacy

    All other opinions are invalid.

    TS
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    <Ken> wrote in message news:gPqdnXDh2vNEaazfRVn-pQ@speakeasy.net...
    > Okay... one question that I'm sure has been posted here before but I don't
    > see in my newsreader (so I apologize):
    >
    > - What are your 5 MUST HAVE games?
    >
    > I'm heading out in about 1 hour to buy the 5 most recommended games from
    > this newsgroup. So please let me know what to get!

    Without a shadow of a doubt, Beyond Good and Evil has to be in the top 5.
    Also very cheap now.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Yeah, should be a easy to find game for $10

    "Beck" <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote in message

    > <Ken> wrote in message news:gPqdnXDh2vNEaazfRVn-pQ@speakeasy.net...
    >> Okay... one question that I'm sure has been posted here before but I
    >> don't see in my newsreader (so I apologize):
    >>
    >> - What are your 5 MUST HAVE games?
    >>
    >> I'm heading out in about 1 hour to buy the 5 most recommended games from
    >> this newsgroup. So please let me know what to get!
    >
    > Without a shadow of a doubt, Beyond Good and Evil has to be in the top 5.
    > Also very cheap now.

  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:43:20 -0500, <Ken> spewed forth these words of wisdom:

    >Okay... one question that I'm sure has been posted here before but I don't
    >see in my newsreader (so I apologize):
    >
    >- What are your 5 MUST HAVE games?
    >
    >I'm heading out in about 1 hour to buy the 5 most recommended games from
    >this newsgroup. So please let me know what to get!
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Ken

    Gran Turismo 4
    Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2
    MVP Baseball 2005
    Need For Speed Underground 2
    Tiger Woods 2005

    Galley
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Galley" <Galley@Spam-Jammer.galleytech.com> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:43:20 -0500, <Ken> spewed forth these words of
    > wisdom:
    >
    >>Okay... one question that I'm sure has been posted here before but I don't
    >>see in my newsreader (so I apologize):
    >>
    >>- What are your 5 MUST HAVE games?
    >>
    >>I'm heading out in about 1 hour to buy the 5 most recommended games from
    >>this newsgroup. So please let me know what to get!
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>Ken
    >>

    > Gran Turismo 4
    > Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2
    > MVP Baseball 2005
    > Need For Speed Underground 2
    > Tiger Woods 2005
    >
    > --
    > "I'm not a cool person in real life, but I play one on the Internet"
    > Galley

    Everyone is leaving out one of my favorites, Soul Calibur II
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > Everyone is leaving out one of my favorites, Soul Calibur II

    Forgot about that one, make it my number 5.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Here's my list:

    1) Mercenaries
    2) GTA San Andreas
    3) Splinter Cell; Pandora's Tomorrow
    4) Beyond Good and Evil
    5) ?
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    - GTA VC
    - GTA SA
    - SSX 3
    - GT4
    - R&C III
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Very fun fighting games
    Soul Calibur II
    Mortal Kombat Deception (bonus is this one has online capability)

    FPS that I like.
    Red Faction 1 or 2

    Virtually same play style to all of these games, storyline differences
    though, very good adventure style games.
    Ratchet and Clank (any) (slightly diff from the other 2 because this one
    involves more use of weapons)
    Jak and Daxter (any)
    Sly Cooper (any)

    Racing game I just recently got, very fun.
    Need for Speed Underground 2 (also online capable.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    1- GT4
    2- WRC4
    3- Formula1 2004
    4- Moto GP4
    5- Jack 3

    --
    Fernando Esteves _/_/_/ _/_/_/
    (o_ mailto:fe@netvisao.pt _/_/ _/_/

    <Ken> wrote in message news:gPqdnXDh2vNEaazfRVn-pQ@speakeasy.net...
    > Okay... one question that I'm sure has been posted here before but I don't
    > see in my newsreader (so I apologize):
    >
    > - What are your 5 MUST HAVE games?
    >
    > I'm heading out in about 1 hour to buy the 5 most recommended games from
    > this newsgroup. So please let me know what to get!
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ken

    ICO
    ICO
    ICO
    ICO
    ICO
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Thanks all for your suggestions... I tallied the votes and the following
    came out on top with the number of votes shown in parenthesis:

    1. GT4 (6)
    2. Ratchet & Clank (4)
    3. Beyond Good & Evil (3)
    4. GTA: San Andreas (3)
    5. Katamari Damacy (3)
    6. Soul Calibur 2 (3)

    So I went out and bought:

    - GT4
    - R&C 3
    - Beyond G&E
    - Katamari Damacy
    - Tiger Woods PGA
    - Winning 11 8
    - Burnout
    - Tekken 5

    Thanks again!

    Ken

    <Ken> wrote in message news:gPqdnXDh2vNEaazfRVn-pQ@speakeasy.net...
    > Okay... one question that I'm sure has been posted here before but I don't
    > see in my newsreader (so I apologize):
    >
    > - What are your 5 MUST HAVE games?
    >
    > I'm heading out in about 1 hour to buy the 5 most recommended games from
    > this newsgroup. So please let me know what to get!
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ken

  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    <Ken> wrote in message news:w9GdncIYMaAnmarfRVn-qA@speakeasy.net...
    > Thanks all for your suggestions... I tallied the votes and the following
    > came out on top with the number of votes shown in parenthesis:

    I'm amazed nobody mentioned either of the Dark Cloud games...

    --
    This post brought to you by Dammitol.
    Dammitol: We can't get rid of the stress,

Console Gaming PlayStation Games Video Video Games