Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

P8Z68-V LE Pro New Build Troubleshoot (Dual Boot + No HDMI Signal)

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
November 5, 2011 4:24:59 PM

I'm pretty much having the same problem that this person was having: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/318660-31-p8z68-build...

Though the red light that would indicate bad RAM isn't on for me. I've also tried a DVI and VGA cable, but I still haven't been able to get a signal. I've tried using onboard video and an input from my HD 6970 card. Basically my system will restart a couple seconds after I boot it up, then it will stay on and no matter what I do I can't get a signal to my monitor.

All the specs are the same except my video card is different.

More about : p8z68 pro build troubleshoot dual boot hdmi signal

November 6, 2011 1:37:51 AM

macusn said:
can you provide your system specs? Have you tried the no boot sticky?

find the troubleshooting guide here http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste...

Mac

8 GB G.Skill RAM
Asus P8Z68 V LE
2x HD 6970

Tried that and reset the CMOS a few times, tried multiple RAM configurations, tried a couple different monitors, etc.
m
l
Related resources
November 6, 2011 1:52:36 PM

Oh and the thing is, I've seen multiple people have this problem. In each of their cases though they had a red LED light up to indicate a problem, and I haven't had any light up at all, besides when I checked the memtest feature. It seems like it should work fine but it's just not for some reason.

I've seen some posts where people say the motherboard was defaulted to only use onboard VGA, though I've tested that and it hasn't given me a signal either.
m
l
December 19, 2011 2:40:26 AM

If you get the double-fake-boot, no video, no beeps, your heatsink backplate might be touching the back of the motherboard causing a short. I also have a P8Z68-V LE (coincidentally with 8GB G.Skill) and I had a similar problem. The solution was to use the heatsink's included electrically-neutral plastic spacers between the motherboard and the backplate. That solved it for me.
m
l