taimoorali007

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
Hello,

In Gaming cases like Corsair has cable management option, but what to do if to manage cables in normal cases like i have.

My case is CM Elite 371 but seriously it has 6 fans in it still no proper air flow and Antec HCG cable are thick and lots of cable clutter :( NO AIRFLOW!

Plz help me for cable management of my case.

Thanks!

Solution
If you your case doesn't have pre-cut holes for cable management I have in the past got my drill out and used a 1" hole saw and made my own to route cables. Also a couple 1/2" holes in the drive bays will assist with managing your optical and hard drive cables.

DelroyMonjo

Distinguished
Tie wraps, wire ties are available at Radio Shack in various sizes as well as stick-on mounts to hold cables against a surface.
Are you using all six fans?
I have an ANTEC 750 HCG in an Antec 300 case which is similar in size to you case as well as having a bottom mounted power supply, a lower front fan, rear mounted fan, and top mount fan. The 2X4pin CPU power plugs I routed directly back toward the right side panel lip on the case, up over the rear facing fan and plugged into the MB connector at the top left rear. The 20+4 pin cable goes to the back wall and plugs into the MB from there. SATA power cables can be routed as necessary with any excess pushed into the space on the left of the HDD bay. any unused cables are left with enough free slack to reach that space beside the HDD bay and stuffed in there. I wire tied mine. Most front panel cables can be run across the MB itself and plugged in, usually the sound cable being the biggest pain because it has to reach the furthest. Fans can be plugged into MB pins or molex connectors, whatever your case, with the cables sticky mounted to the side or top of the case. Nowhere do I have cables impeding any airflow and my case temp has never exceeded 44C.

rage33

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
If you your case doesn't have pre-cut holes for cable management I have in the past got my drill out and used a 1" hole saw and made my own to route cables. Also a couple 1/2" holes in the drive bays will assist with managing your optical and hard drive cables.

Solution

giltyler

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
While I was building my system I got very frustrated with cable management and wound up switching cases and power supply to get the look I wanted. This change added $120.00 to my build and very well worth it. Picture taken prior to Blue neon and GTX 570 addition.

photo.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

taimoorali007

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012

YEa m using 6 Sickle Flow and i tied other cables like SATA and molex which are not in use on back side of case with driver bay screw holes! But still not comfortable, it looks messy!

taimoorali007

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
Your best bet is going to be pull everything out except the Psu (leave casefans in place as well)

it looks to be that the only real place to hide/route excess cables is the drivecage and the space behind that,
you can turn the hard drive around so it plugs from the front of the case, may need to put it in a higher slot though to avoid hitting the fan at the front,
Check this for a rough sketch of routing though, my Gf's case is similar and had virtually no C.m. options,
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q172/Motopsychojdn/02072010262.jpg
build log here,
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareuk.inc&cat=13&post=287494&page=2&p=1&sondage=0&owntopic=1&trash=0&trash_post=0&print=0&numreponse=0&quote_only=0&new=0&nojs=0
as long as you get them all at the back of the case they can't affect airflow/cooling and you'll be fine, you won't have invisicables but your cooling will be as good as it can get,
take your cables straight from the Psu to behind the drivecage, then you can feed them where needed from there (8pin Atx may need to be routed differently dependant on reach)
Moto

taimoorali007

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012

Thnx bro, solved my problem finally but one thing more, do I need drilling or making holes in case or my premade holes in drivebays will help?
But got the picture, Thanks again!

taimoorali007

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012

Welcome :)

Yea, I'll soon update my pics

TRENDING THREADS