Quiet CPU cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB4times4

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
I've got a Phenom II x4 955 black no overclocking, and the stock heatsink.

Well it has started to get REALLY loud, so I'm trying to find the quietest heatsink that will work with it. I thought about going fanless but I don't think that's realistic (correct me if I'm wrong please).

Thanks for any advice!

Solution
Ya a D14 if you want to go ALL out on cooling. It's super quiet, too.

The Evo if you can't afford the D14.

I heard CM was coming out with new "vapor chamber" CPU coolers. Don't know exactly when but sometime in 2012.

e56imfg

Distinguished
Ya a D14 if you want to go ALL out on cooling. It's super quiet, too.

The Evo if you can't afford the D14.

I heard CM was coming out with new "vapor chamber" CPU coolers. Don't know exactly when but sometime in 2012.

Solution
Depends on how much money you want to spend. For both of my current Intel LGA 775 PCs I have a Tuniq Tower installed. I also replaced the fans that came with Yate Loon fans. Total cost was probably around $50 - $55 for each PC.

The Tuniq Tower can even passively my Intel C2D E6600 (Conroe) at stock speed. According to Core Temp it typically gets to about 77C with a 100% load; TjMax is 95C if I am not mistaken. It normally does not reach 100% load since I just use that particular PC to watch movies.

Here's a link to Tuniq's current heatsink which is compatible with AM2+ and AM3. It is $65 though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835154011

Status
Not open for further replies.