[Motherboard] new motherboard for old CPU

reviZor

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
Hi all, recently my motherboard is giving me trouble and causing BSODs in windows. I know that because i've bought additional 12GB of ram and discover that 3 of the memory slots are not working. and after inserting the 12GB i get BSODs only in games, doesn't happen when its on idle or while watching movies.

My current system spec is:
Intel i7 930 socket 1366 rev d0
18GB RAM (3x4GB corsair vengeance, 3x2GB Patriot viper both 1.6Ghz)
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
Patriot 120GB SSD
Seagate 500MB Hdd
NVIDIA Geforce GTX680
Corsair TX750W

So i came to a conclusion that it is not worth it to upgrade my CPU yet so i am looking for a good new motherboard, alltho i do not know which one i should get and more importantly where to get it from.

So guys i would love it if you could recommend me on a new motherboard that will support my CPU (socket 1366) and a place where i can buy it from that has deliveries to israel.
Thanks ahead.

Linus17

Reputable
Aug 26, 2014

I have the exact same question! While cooling is my only real issue right now, I was curious as to whether or not i could place my OLD components into a NEW case for better cooling possibilities? If I could place my CPU into a NEW mobo, that would be enough to get me started. I am using a 4-year old HPE-510y that has the following:

AMD Phenom II X6 (1055t) @ 2.8GHz
GeoForce GTX 550ti (1GB)
Antec 550w PSU
8GB RAM
Windows 7 Premium 64-Bit
1.5TB Caviar Green - 320GB Caviar Black

I have often read that a lot of material use in premade rigs like HP, DELL, etc., is proprietary, so upgrading them tends to be a hassle, so I was thinking out of the box (so to speak) by simply... changing cases and/or mobos if need be. any thoughts?