What motherboard to get?

moleybear

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012
So i'm upgrading to a i5 3570k and wanting to get your guys suggestion on what board i decide to buy. I'd rather the motherboard be under £100 pound and preferably be asus or gigabyte.

Also what case would you suggest i get? I want one with good airflow and plenty of space and easy cable management?

Thanks

They're so close in quality/features, but the gigabyte has more two sata III ports, and a higher quality vrm with 6+2+1 vs asus 4+1+1, the gigabyte overclocks very well, i can't say the same for the asus.
I'd get the gigabyte one.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
You know I will recommend the mobo I own but I really did do my research before deciding on it. ASRock z77 extreme4. The i5-3570k will shine on it. I'm not sure how much it is in £'s but it is a relatively inexpensive option here in Canada (relatively in terms of what you get for the $). I was, and in a way still am, a Gigabyte fanboy (I was buying their stuff exclusively for the last 5 or so years), but this board really impresses me - specs and performance wise. Just don't write it off...

He's in the uk, that board(UD3H) is like more 40 pounds and not worth it, the asrock z77 also more than 100 pounds.
And one more thing, the D3H has two pcie lanes 3.0 with an ivybridge cpu, when in dual mode it is at 8x 8x

1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
This is the slot closest to the CPU.

1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8)
* The PCIEX8 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16 slot. When the PCIEX8 slot is populated, the PCIEX16 slot will operate at up to x8 mode.
(The PCIEX16 and PCIEX8 slots conform to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
* PCIE Gen.3 is dependent on CPU and expansion card compatibility.
This is the middle PCI Express slot.

1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)
* The PCIEX4 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX1_1/2/3 slots. The PCIEX1_1/2/3 slots slots will become unavailable when a PCIe x4 expansion card is installed.
This is the slot closest to the edge of the motherboard.