Best 1155 motherboard for video editing

canadianbacon_73

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
Hey guys Im getting ready to build my own desktop and was wondering if I could get some help with a few things. Ill try and give you the low down without rambling on for too long but if I forget anything important just ask. What im trying to do is set up a video/photo editing workstation. I do a lot of work with HD video and huge picture files and I am currently looking into learning 3d effects.

Im planning on setting up my build around the Intel I7 2600K. From there im thinking ill go with the Z68 chip-set since I plan on overclocking it and keeping it up to date as time passes. Ive done a bit of research into the motherboards and was thinking about picking up the P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3 from Asus.

Now this is where it gets to be a bit tricky for me beacuse im fairly new to bulig PCs. I know that a fair bit of ram is needed so that ill be able to multi task and edit very quickly so i was thinking around 16gig but i dont know what brand to buy. I am also clueless as to what graphics cards i should get and what the benefits will be, but thats where you guys come in. hopefuly ill be able to get some tips to shoot me in the right direction.

canadianbacon_73

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012

Ohhh ok, thanks ill do that. this is my first post so i was kinda lost.