Graphics Upgrade Suggestions

i'm currently running on this specs

AMD Phenom 2 x4 965 BE
1TB Hitachi HDD
Nvidia 9800GT GFX
M4N68T-M V2 Mobo
500 Watts eXtreme Power Plus
CM Elite 335 case + SickleFlow 120 2000 RPM Blue LED fan

so the problem is, i m actually thinking of upgrading my graphics soon... so before i do i need to survey and consider whats the best graphic card for my setup... not aiming for crossfire or SLi just a single monitor play some high end games in high settings.. i've jus upgraded the set except for the graphics card and the PSU... price wise i m not quite particular i just want the ideas... i'm quite a noob in this...

10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about graphics upgrade suggestions
  1. Maybe you wanne change the psu also, it's not that great. Corsair, Antec, OCZ, Seasonic, preferably get one with a single 12V rail with at least 40A, 600 W, 80+ certified.
  2. whats the resolution with best quality and less lag...? high detail... i'm quite a noob
  3. and i'm leaning more to gtx 560ti... with a corsair PSU.... actually i'm looking for sumthing to last me another 3 years or so
  4. Best answer
    The higher the res the better it looks obviously, but demanding more GPU VRAM. With a 6950 2GB you can easily play on 1920x1080 res or higher, if you setlle for a cheaper GPU ( 560 or 6870 ) 1080 will be the max. But again, i would wait if i were you, the 9800 ain't that bad. Maybe buy a better psu now and get a 7000 series when they come out.
    Make sure your monitor can handle the high res, otherwise you buy a expensive card for nothing.
  5. so the 7+ series i read the thread but dun understand much... how much power does it consume...? will a 600 watt support it or higher...?
  6. Best answer selected by soulska.
  7. A good ( 80+ ! ) 600W PSU will be enough i think. To be completely sure you can go for a 750W but i can't imagine the new cards will use that much more volts than the 6000 series and they are happy with a good 500W PSU.
  8. arite thanks for the info dude... it really helped me alot
  9. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics