Sign in with
Your question

Mother Install

Last response: in Motherboards
December 9, 2012 1:39:35 PM

Hello,
I am building a mobile desktop unit, and want to do the following, install small rubber grommets behind the motherboard to help absorb shock that that will happen as this is moved from location to locarion (it will have about a 2mm space between the mobo and the mounting location. Would/can this create a problem I'm not seeing.
Your knowledge is valued, look forward to your input

System:
Case: Corsair C70 Vengence
Mobo: ASUS Crosshair V Formula
CPU: AMD FX 8350
GPU: Radeon HD 7970
Memory: Corsair Dominator GT
HD: 240 GB Corsair Nuetron GTX
Secondary HD: 10,000 rpm Raptor
Cooling: Corsair H100

Best Regards
aircav1964

More about : mother install

a b V Motherboard
December 9, 2012 1:55:00 PM

Well depends on where exactly the rubber is placed, I do think rubber melts when exposed to high temperatures.
m
l
December 9, 2012 3:17:02 PM

1: Rubber grommets will be either one of two ways (1): along the perimeter (corners and at mid points between each corners and about center of board) or (2) at each point on the mobo where a screw secures the mobo.

2: As far as the rubber grommets go these will be automotive grade grommets designed for high temp applications.

3: Does my planned (hardware) set up look OK?

Again, thank you for your knowledge and input
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
December 9, 2012 3:22:23 PM

Okay I guess your good with the rubber grommets since they are designed for high temperature applications. Though you really don't need to worry about flexing the board since mine does that, as long as your not putting unreasonable force, the motherboard will be fine.

Lastly you setup looks very nice, certainly a high end build. I take it your going to overclock the CPU? Squeeze every last drop of performance from the FX-8350 :lol: 
m
l
December 9, 2012 5:51:16 PM

Thank you Addict.. will let you know how it all goes
m
l
a b V Motherboard
December 9, 2012 5:56:14 PM

aircav1964 said:
Thank you Addict.. will let you know how it all goes

Yes drug addict :whistle: 

Nah just joking around :lol: