Diablotek Power Supply... My problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deoxim

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
Background:
Over the past few weeks, I've noticed my computer cutting off at random times. Until now I thought I was just inadvertently unplugging the power strip that (shouldn't be but) is located next to my feet. About an hour ago, it cut off in the middle of a game match, my feet propped up away from the power strip--checking the event log, apparently it's been turning off while I've been away.
Event Viewer: http://screencast.com/t/rhm9ygciKue

So to my question:
My power supply is something like a Diablotek PSDA600 DA Series 600W Power Supply; it was bought with a barebones kit in a good deal. With my system specs that follow, what's the chance that this PSU is my issue? How quickly should I get a new one, if so?

I don't have a UPS.
Core i5-2500k 3.30 GHz OC'd to 4.0 on stock cooler
Sparkle GeForce GTX 460 1GB, stock speed
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 rev. 1.0
RAM: 2 x 4GB Corsair CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9 (for 8GB DDR3)
C Drive: Intel SSDSA2M080G2GC (Solid State Disk, 80GB)
Other HDDs include a 5200 RPM terabyte disk and a 7200 rpm 580 gb disk.
My resolution is 1920x1200, but beyond that I think the hardware is irrelevant?

If you need more information, do ask. I want to know if there's much risk of this PSU dying and taking my GPU and components with it...

Thanks!

Solution
Yep should be your PSU. That brand is crap. When looking at them these are the ones I look at. Corsair, OCZ, XFX, PC Power and Cooling, Antec and SeaSonic (they are in no specific order).
I hope it didn't take any parts with it.

andrewcarr

Distinguished
Yep should be your PSU. That brand is crap. When looking at them these are the ones I look at. Corsair, OCZ, XFX, PC Power and Cooling, Antec and SeaSonic (they are in no specific order).
I hope it didn't take any parts with it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.