Sign in with
Your question

How to fix Failed Bios update on AA1

Last response: in Motherboards
December 9, 2012 2:40:16 PM

Hello,

I have an AA1 laptop and I have to switch from ide mode to AHCI mode but unfortunately my AA1 doesn't have this option on the bios setup. I have decided to update the bios but unfortunately my mistake to do the upgrade within windows environment. The update process hangsup and I have to pull the battery and ac power to shut it down. When I turn it on I only got the black screen of death. I tried the Fn + ESC keys and power. What I have is green power led and Bluetooth on. I al tried to do static discharge and repeat the process and still have the same result. I have downloaded al the bios versions from acer.com but still none of the bios worked. when I the bios recovery procedure the usb led is not working so I believe that the update never started at all. Can any one help me with this?

December 9, 2012 3:29:09 PM

you have to go to the manufacturer client
because the only way to solve your problem is by flashing the bios chip by removing it from laptop and put in special bios flashing device
m
l
December 10, 2012 12:43:11 AM

profkefah said:
you have to go to the manufacturer client
because the only way to solve your problem is by flashing the bios chip by removing it from laptop and put in special bios flashing device

I actually contacted them and they are very kind not to assist me to solve the issue. :( 
m
l
December 10, 2012 4:18:47 PM

try to contact them again
or contact any expert electonic shop
m
l
!