Compatibility

I am new to this site, and I am unsure as to which forum a should be asking this in. So I apologize if this is the incorrect forum.
Anyway, my issue is that I am learning how to build a computer for my Senior Project in high school, which is required for graduation. I know a little bit about the components needed for a computer, but I don't know everything, obviously. So I am going to post a list of my selected components. I am hoping that someone could tell me if they are compatible (I think they are, but I don't know for sure.) or not. And if they aren't, could you give the reason why? Also, any suggestions about other components, or any advice would be extremely appreciated. Thanks in advanced

The style of computer I am going for is a gaming computer. I will at some point be buying a second graphics card, and Cross Firing two of them, so that's there to consider. Also, I am very unsure about overclocking. It would be nice to have, but I don't know how to do it exactly, and I don't want to ruin anything. I am also planning to add a second, or possibly third monitor, and run eyefinity, if that helps with compatibility issues.

Parts:
Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X EVO

Processor: AMD HDZ975FBGMBOX Phenom II X4 975 Black Edition

Graphics Card: XFX HD-695X-CNFC Radeon HD 6950

CPU Fan: Cooler Master V8 (not sure if its needed, not sure if I want to overclock or not)

Case/Fans: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Full Tower Case (3 x 230mm Fans)
Depth: 22.7" Width: 9.0" Height: 21.5"

Hard Drive: Western Digital WD1002FAEX 1TB Caviar Black

RAM: Kingston 16GB (4x 4GB) HyperX Blue DDR3

CD/DVD Drive: Asus DRW-22B2S/BLK/B/AS 22x Internal

Any and all feedback is appreciated. Thanks

Update:

New Power Supply: Kingwin Lazer 1000W Modular 80 Plus Bronze w/ 3-way LED switch

-Jake
4 answers Last reply
More about compatibility
  1. Motherboard and processor are compatible.

The RAM should be a dual channel kit of two 2 gigabyte sticks .

The Radeon 6950 is a great graphics card for a 1080p monitor

A cpu cooler can lower temperatures and let you overclock to a higher frequency .

The only real comment is that in the same price range you may be able to afford an Intel 2500k processor

Z68 chipset motherboard

It will gmae roughly the same , but be stronger almost everywhere else .
  2. if you use newegg.com you can find 8GB RAM for $45 it will help out, how much wattage is your PSU?
  3. Emelth said:
    if you use newegg.com you can find 8GB RAM for $45 it will help out, how much wattage is your PSU?

the wattage is 650, I still wasn't set exactly on this power supply, I was going to do a bit more looking for one.
  4. Outlander_04 said:
    Motherboard and processor are compatible.

The RAM should be a dual channel kit of two 2 gigabyte sticks .

The Radeon 6950 is a great graphics card for a 1080p monitor

A cpu cooler can lower temperatures and let you overclock to a higher frequency .

The only real comment is that in the same price range you may be able to afford an Intel 2500k processor

Z68 chipset motherboard

It will gmae roughly the same , but be stronger almost everywhere else .

What is the reason for the dual channel kit of two gig sticks? I was planning on running four 4gig sticks from Kingston.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Compatibility Systems