What gigabit-E & jumbo frames routers do I have as options?

bigjohnbriggs

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
I'm not too familiar with jumbo frames, but as the person tasked with upgrading out non-profit's equipment... here I am asking for help.

We recently bought an 8TB NAS (WDShareSpace) to hold all our video/photo for the network. However, at the currenty wireless-G/100Mbit connection... it's just not 12GB file happy.

So I need a router that will have at least 1 Gigabit-E slot for the NAS (the more the merrier). I'm also looking for one that has jumbo-frames enabled to make these huge transfers smoother. It doesn't have to have wireless-N, but for the computers that are able to use it in our office we might as well.

Throw out any options you suggest. Dual-radio, single-radio, etc. We're in Thailand so getting a good range of things will make it easier for me to see if I can buy it here or have to bring it over from the US with someone.

Thanks!

bigjohnbriggs

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
10-15 computers depending on how many volunteers we have in the office. Mostly laptops (95%) and of all ages. Some don't have wireless-N/Gigabit-E. I hope that info makes more clear why I need the jumbo frames for our setup. Any other questions and I'll try to get back as soon as possible. Trying to buy one this week if possible.