Sign in with
Your question

Please recommend a caseing for asus HD7950-DC2

Last response: in Components
February 6, 2012 10:03:56 AM

Hi all

looking for a caseing that can easily support the monster card asus HD7950-DC2. its length is 11.8" and the width is 5.1". please give me the brand and the name so that i can take a look and decide my self. i know a person who have the asus 6970 dc2 version fits in a antec 600 v2 but since that is 1 inch shorter than the card im refering not sure if that caseing can suppor the card in terms of length.

thanks
February 6, 2012 10:36:32 AM

Corsair 600t SE white, amazing case.
I currently have the 6950 DCU ii and there is about 3-4 inches spare, if needed 1 of the HDD cages can be removed upping the space to about 18 inches, maybe more.

Cable management in the case is amazing, one of the best out.
The cooling is good on stock but can be upgraded to be brilliant by adding 4 120mm fans onto the side panel.

The case is an absolute dream to build in.
m
l
February 6, 2012 12:57:03 PM

thanks SIGNOR . nice case.

any more recommendations guys? haveing a few more will not hurt as when it come to the buying i can go for the most affordable one.
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
February 6, 2012 1:07:15 PM

I'm with Siggy, I recommended him that case and hes recently built his PC into it.

It looks/performs/is wonderful

600T White is probably the best case out there at the moment for a combination of Looks, Performance and Functionality.

I'm gonna grab one when I get my 7950 I think. Can't wait.
m
l
February 8, 2012 6:35:54 AM

The nzxt is one of my favourite cases, however it cannot fit in the phanteks cooler and therefore it was useless to me personally :-)
m
l
a b ) Power supply
February 8, 2012 7:14:02 AM

yes! that may be problem but phantek coolers are not cooler they are bloody bears!!!!!!hyper 212 EVO is a better choice.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
February 8, 2012 8:17:22 AM

The Phanteks PH-TC14PE is currently one of the best coolers on the market, if not THE best.

Oh and the 600T has room enough for the Phanteks AND 4 120mm side fans. Its amazing.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
February 8, 2012 9:12:44 AM

we need coolers not bulldozers! i agree that my megahalems is also huge but not that much.it's also a top notch cooler.phantom is 8. something wide if i am not wrong.OP asked for a case that is 5.1".600t is a great case but only plus point over phantom is it's useless width unless you are installing an elephant cooler!you should not recommend something only because you own it.no offence ;) 
m
l
a b ) Power supply
February 8, 2012 10:03:02 AM

I don't own a 600T White Edition, I have an Antec 1200.

And I suggest you look at the reviews for both the 600T White and the Phanteks PH-TC14PE - Both are flawless.

Personally I prefer the look of the 600T White, it has better cable management and room for upgradability. Its width also allows for excellent air capacity and the flow from the 4 Side fans is well optimized.

And if the man wants a Phanteks/Has one - He needs a case that will fit one. The 600T White is one of the few that can fit the Phanteks in AND have all of its side fans intact.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
February 8, 2012 10:26:27 AM

go on....
m
l
February 9, 2012 6:42:22 AM

guys thanks for the recommendations. as i stated above in my first post the main requirment is to comfortabaly fit the Asus HD 7950 DC2 which is 11.8" in length. any case that can do that at the lowest price possible is good for me.

now i asked the person in my first post regarding fitting the HD7950 and he replied that fitting that card to the antec 600 v2 is not a issue. hence currenlty the only caseing that has the lowest price while fulfilling the requriement is antec 600 v2. im realy not going to spend about 200 USD for a caseing as its a waste of money IMO cos
[1] im not going to OCing
[2] im not going to showoff.

m
l
!