Ultra 64, Abit KT7-RAID & 1.1 Athlon.. problems

G

Problem is, the system locks up with K7 Optimization & Fast Writes support enabled in the bios running 3D Mark 2000. I'm trying to find out if anyone else has had similar problems. Runs fine with Quake 3, but Psycho Circus locks up just trying to configure it...Running the lastest Nvidia drivers & directx 8.0.. This is a new system and it's not from temperature...CPU only at 30 degrees..

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
Xavius

G

There's been a couple of posts in the m/b forum about the kt7 problems.

My kt7 would freeze for a few seconds at a time when playing games. It's been like this for 3 months. Yesterday I put the new kt7_ww bios on and wow it works great now.

The kt7_ww is only available from the abit ftp site.

G

I have a similar problem that is most noticeable in midtown madness 2. It pauses or hiccups for a few milliseconds all throughout the game. I notice if I turn down graphics accelleration in windows that it really helps, but then the graphics suck in the game. I have a KT7A with a Thunderbird 900Mhz, and I have tried both the ATI Radeon 64MB DDR & the the CardExpert GeForce 2 Mx, and they both experience it. So I am thinkning it's a motherboard issue, but I have the latest bios, unless they updated in the last week. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS