Will a computer run without a dedicated graphics card?

Hello,

I will be building a computer soon and was wondering if i got...

i5 2000k
8 GB RAM
64GB SSD
DVD Drive
AsRock X68 Extreme 3 Gen 3
PSU
OS

Would it run without a dedicated graphics card? Like is there integrated graphics on this build? I will be getting a dedicated graphics card when i can afford it though, aswell as a HDD and stuff.

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about will computer dedicated graphics card
  1. Yes, look at the monitor output on the motherboard, also with a bit of reading you would have found that Sandy Bridge cpus have integrated graphics. Some motherboards dont have the monitor outputs but the one you listed does.
  2. it will work but your option for any graphic intensive work are limited, it can run some light games and thats about it, no heavy gaming until you get a dedicated graphic card. video playing is fine.
  3. Parabolax-y said:
    Hello,

I will be building a computer soon and was wondering if i got...

i5 2000k
    8 GB RAM
    64GB SSD
    DVD Drive
    AsRock X68 Extreme 3 Gen 3
    PSU
    OS

Would it run without a dedicated graphics card? Like is there integrated graphics on this build? I will be getting a dedicated graphics card when i can afford it though, aswell as a HDD and stuff.

Thanks

Did you mean an I5 2500K?
    What do you want to use the computer for? Gaming, spreadsheets, web browsing?
    Getting an SSD without having a hard drive could be a problem. Installing Win 7 Home Prem will use approx. 30 Gig. What else do you plan to install?
    If you are waiting to get a video card it will require a bit of forethought as to the PSU you will need.
    That's a good MoBo, I have one.
    What about keyboard, mouse, case, speakers or headphones?
    Like saxplay said, what monitor do you have?
    What is your current budget?
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Computer Graphics Cards Systems