Sign in with
Your question

Will a computer run without a dedicated graphics card?

Last response: in Systems
November 6, 2011 4:32:37 AM

Hello,

I will be building a computer soon and was wondering if i got...

i5 2000k
8 GB RAM
64GB SSD
DVD Drive
AsRock X68 Extreme 3 Gen 3
PSU
OS

Would it run without a dedicated graphics card? Like is there integrated graphics on this build? I will be getting a dedicated graphics card when i can afford it though, aswell as a HDD and stuff.

Thanks
November 6, 2011 4:38:23 AM

Yes, look at the monitor output on the motherboard, also with a bit of reading you would have found that Sandy Bridge cpus have integrated graphics. Some motherboards dont have the monitor outputs but the one you listed does.
m
l
November 6, 2011 5:10:43 AM

it will work but your option for any graphic intensive work are limited, it can run some light games and thats about it, no heavy gaming until you get a dedicated graphic card. video playing is fine.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 6, 2011 6:55:14 AM

Parabolax-y said:
Hello,

I will be building a computer soon and was wondering if i got...

i5 2000k
8 GB RAM
64GB SSD
DVD Drive
AsRock X68 Extreme 3 Gen 3
PSU
OS

Would it run without a dedicated graphics card? Like is there integrated graphics on this build? I will be getting a dedicated graphics card when i can afford it though, aswell as a HDD and stuff.

Thanks

Did you mean an I5 2500K?
What do you want to use the computer for? Gaming, spreadsheets, web browsing?
Getting an SSD without having a hard drive could be a problem. Installing Win 7 Home Prem will use approx. 30 Gig. What else do you plan to install?
If you are waiting to get a video card it will require a bit of forethought as to the PSU you will need.
That's a good MoBo, I have one.
What about keyboard, mouse, case, speakers or headphones?
Like saxplay said, what monitor do you have?
What is your current budget?
m
l
Related resources
!