Will intel core 2 duo processor works with motherboard d845

raza992

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
i have motherboard ibm d845 i want to upgrade my processor did indel core 2 duo processor works on this motherboard or any esle processor for ibm d845 motherboard

Solution
OK sorry an Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or Intel Core 2 Quad used a microarchitecture that was called Core microarchitecture that wouldn't supported on the d845 chipset. The first chipset to have support for the Core microarchitecture would be the d945 (with a bios revision) or d965 (out of the box).

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
Because they have the absolute truth as to what will work with their motherboards, we only have opinions.
And because you'll learn to look for yourself, and hence become a better (informed) person, and understand more about your PC and possibly even be able to to help people in turn.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010

You shouldn't. You should learn to look up really simple things like this yourself, rather than needing other people to do it for you.

The D845 chipset supported Intel® Pentium® 4 and Celeron® Processors with 400 fsb and 533 fsb. While there were some later revisions that would support the Prescott core processors for the most part the board would only support the Northwood processors.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

Unfortunately Christian whilst being perfectly correct I suspect that the next questions from the OP would be is my core 2 a northwood or prescott core.

OK sorry an Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or Intel Core 2 Quad used a microarchitecture that was called Core microarchitecture that wouldn't supported on the d845 chipset. The first chipset to have support for the Core microarchitecture would be the d945 (with a bios revision) or d965 (out of the box).

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

Solution