threadhead148

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
Hi. I desperately need answers cant find them anywhere thats not charging $100/hr. I recently installed a ethernet port to a dell desktop cxe (manufactured 2001 I think). When I finally got on the internet I discovered everthing I attempt to stream is out of sync with the sound. The video is choppy and sound plays as usual. I have went to the dell website tried to update drivers and my internet speed is good. Do I have to swap cards?

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
OK there's your problem. Sorry my freind but in my opinion I think your PC just can't handle modern web pages on those specs. I occasionally got choppy performance on a Celeron 1.3Ghz work laptop which is nearly twice as fast. This is just my opinion though.

threadhead148

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011

Thank you so much for your quick reply. The graphics on this computer is just as good as my newer computer. They look awesome to me thats why the part about it being to old is a little hard to swallow. This minor/ major issue is the ONLY problem I have with it. I have to confess this is my backup cpu. My other is in blue screen land. On that one in start up keyboard is unresponsive so I cant get in on safe mode which is the only way it will let me.

I am sorrounded by computers none work this is my only option cant afford another.
thanks again.

Is there any way I can modify this one not to chop everything?