Micro ATX Case

claec

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
Hey folks,

I'm looking at building a micro-atx workhorse PC. I already have components selected, but I am having a terrible time choosing a case. I currently use a Thermaltake V5 simply because I got it free with a power supply purchase a while ago. I will be using an i3-2120 CPU, an AMD 6870, and I need the case to be able to support at least two 5.25inch drive bays as well as a standard ATX PSU. I'm looking to go as small as possible, and yet stay under $100 on the case. I won't be overclocking any of it as I really don't need the extra power.

Any case recommendations or suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Cheers, Claec

Solution
I have the NZXT Vulcan and it's a great case. The Arc Mini by Fractal Designs is really nice, too. I don't know their volume but a quick look on newegg would help with that.

You will be hard-pressed to find a case with a depth of 16" or less, usually the largest dimension for a micro-ATX case.

claec

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
I will be purchasing a micro ATX motherboard. I like that Fractal Core 1000 case as well as the Silverstone. The other two are a bit on the large side. I'm trying to keep the greatest dimensions at 16 inches or less, and the total volume less than 1800 cubic inches.

swoz

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
I have the NZXT Vulcan and it's a great case. The Arc Mini by Fractal Designs is really nice, too. I don't know their volume but a quick look on newegg would help with that.

You will be hard-pressed to find a case with a depth of 16" or less, usually the largest dimension for a micro-ATX case.

Solution

claec

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009

Rosewill makes a cheap m-atx case that is 14inches deep and 14 inches tall, but it looks kinda iffy from the reviews. I'm looking at the Vulcan, but I'm worried that the handle is a bit weak. Have you found that to be the case?

I looked at the Fractal, but its almost as big as my mid-atx case.