200 euro long term upgrade

Antonio Di Dio

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
Hi, I would like to thank you all for the great work helping the community to experience a better digital life!

I would like to spend something like 200, 250 euros (less the 300 dollars) for a piece of hardware that I could use even on my next computer.
I have a m4n98td mobo, a phenom X4 965, 2 gtx 470 gpu. my ram is 8gb 2000 ghz and a 1.5 tb hd.
I think the only solution to speed up the system is an SSD hd, because a new cpu won't make any difference with the videogames. I cannot buy a speedier gpu with that budget.
Should I save my hard earned bucks and wait until my system looks like a rusty old FIAT??
thank you very much

ps, my mobo is sata 3 gb, will there be such a big difference with an SSD hd???

Thank you! :wahoo:

Antonio Di Dio

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
thank you for the answers.

Well, I use the pc to work, but I don't need any supercomputer, I mostly translate documents, read book, etc. ( I teach English to children and I study to get better qualifications)
In the evening I like to sit back and play the latest videogames. I noticed that the loading time in Battlefield is really putting me off and I would like to get rid of it.
As I stated I was looking for a piece of hardware that I can use even with my next computer and I thought that an SSD would really improve my experience.
I understood that even with my mobo it would speed up the loading time 3 times and with a SATA III (6 gb) it would be 6 almost times faster than a regular HD.
Thanks for your help!

Even on a SATA II (3 Gbps) connection an SSD is going to be significantly faster. If you have an extra 200e you'd like invest in your computer, a 120GB SSD is a great choice. Anything else on your computer doesn't really need upgrading at the moment :)

Antonio Di Dio

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011

Thanks Finneous PJ!

I think I'm going to buy the OCZ vertex 3 tonight, I'm still kinda unsure I will be able to plug it in!
I wish you luck, I was really looking forward to speed up my trap!