Help me with new system please!

Need some help putting together a system of Durastic and Beastly proportions!

Approximate Purchase Date: This week. 06 Nov 2011 - 12 Nov 2011

Budget Range: $2000 - $2200 EXCLUDING Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse or Data HDD. I am willing to wait another week to go up to $2500 so dont be afraid to get up to that range as well.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Extreme Gaming

Parts Not Required:
Monitor
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004KCI80I
Keyboard
http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Lycosa-Programmable-Backlit-Keyboard/dp/B000YDIA78/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320582040&sr=8-1
Mouse
http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Mamba-Wireless-Gaming-Laser/dp/B001WAKR3W/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1320582108&sr=1-4
Processor
http://www.amazon.com/AMD-8150-8-Core-Processor-Socket/dp/B005UBNLFK/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1320582167&sr=1-1
HDD
I have a 2Tb WD Caviar Black 64Mb SATA III HD already with all my programs and a 250GB WD Velociraptor HD with the most used games on it. SCII/BF3/WoW/CODMW3/EEIII/SWTOR.
*** FYI I did not buy these parts from amazon im just using it as a link to what I already have.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Dont matter to me.

Country of Origin: Dont worry about that. American Soldier living in Germany in case you wanted to know.

Parts Preferences: Full tower (That looks like a Nasty Beast) and mostly ATI and AMD parts. Gigabyte is another favorite of mine.

Overclocking: Yes / No / Maybe ... whats your input on this?

SLI or Crossfire: Yes

Monitor Resolution: 2560X1600 is max on the monitor. That would be VERY nice to utilize.

Additional Comments: Id like to stay away from liquid cooling and i would like to have a relatively cool and quite system. Id also like the ability to upgrade to two more of the monitors in the future givin me 3 total and I have a Cerwin Vega PA system to utilize for 7.1
8 answers Last reply
More about help system please
  1. There's enough information out now to indicate that Bulldozer is not a good gaming CPU.

    Currently, you can build a better gaming system out of an Intel i5-2500K or an AMD 955BE or 965 BE.

    One possibility is a 955BE in a late model AMD motherboard, then wait (hopefully) for AMD to get BD right.

    Where in Germany are you?
  2. Out in Landstuhl/Rammstein area. I already bought the Fx8150. I am an AMD fan and all my previous systems have been AMD ones... Ive ran many a test on my systems and found that FOR THE PRICE... AMD out preforms Intel in almost every catagory. ***FOR THE PRICE***
  3. jsc said:
    There's enough information out now to indicate that Bulldozer is not a good gaming CPU.

    Currently, you can build a better gaming system out of an Intel i5-2500K or an AMD 955BE or 965 BE.

    One possibility is a 955BE in a late model AMD motherboard, then wait (hopefully) for AMD to get BD right.

    Where in Germany are you?



    Out in Landstuhl/Rammstein area. I already bought the Fx8150. I am an AMD fan and all my previous systems have been AMD ones... Ive ran many a test on my systems and found that FOR THE PRICE... AMD out preforms Intel in almost every catagory. ***FOR THE PRICE***
  4. ***FOR THE PRICE*** (And also for the performance) The Core I-5 2500K is the best.

    Watch this video:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kd4dvLJQP4

    Despite having HALF the cores it runs faster than the FX-8150 and costs $60-$70 LESS.

    Plus the Core I-5 2500k only uses 95 Watts of power which will continue to save you money long term as the FX-8150 uses 125 Watts.
  5. rwayne said:
    ***FOR THE PRICE*** (And also for the performance) The Core I-5 2500K is the best.

    Watch this video:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kd4dvLJQP4

    Despite having HALF the cores it runs faster than the FX-8150 and costs $60-$70 LESS.

    Plus the Core I-5 2500k only uses 95 Watts of power which will continue to save you money long term as the FX-8150 uses 125 Watts.

    i still dont care. amd is best for gaming. PERIOD. IDGAFF what you say.
  6. Quote:
    Monitor Resolution: 2560X1600 is max on the monitor. That would be VERY nice to utilize.


    No it isn't .... the link you have says 1920 x 1080. As does newegg
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824116483&Tpk=VX2753MH

    27" Monitor will be a bit "grainy" at normal PC viewing distances. A pixel pitch of 96 ppi is generally considered the point at which the human eye can discern individual dots. At 27", ya ppi is 83.8 ..... the max I would go would be 23.6" if ya have normal eyesight.

    I'd suggest a 23.6" 120 Hz monitor

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dot_pitch

    I don't see an AMD build above $800 ..... nor a ATI vid card above $200 range at 1920 x 1200
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-8150-zambezi-bulldozer-990fx,3043-24.html
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-8150-zambezi-bulldozer-990fx,3043-18.html

    Quote:
    i still dont care. amd is best for gaming. PERIOD. IDGAFF what you say.


    Well since facts, benchmarks and all the reviews on the subject don't matter, I will stop here:

    http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/AMD-FX-8150-vs-Core-i5-2500K-and-Core-i7-2600K-CPU-Review/1402/18

    Quote:
    The FX-8150 was faster than the Core i5-2500K in only a few situations, and the performance difference was not so high as to justify the higher price you will have to pay to bring this new AMD processor home. So, unless you are a die-hard AMD fanboy, we think it is hard to recommend this CPU.
  7. tom916 said:
    i still dont care. amd is best for gaming. PERIOD. IDGAFF what you say.



    Nope, PowerPC has got you beat there :non:
  8. boeing114 said:
    Nope, PowerPC has got you beat there :non:

    <<<< Overclocking it.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product