SLI option not appearing

Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Graphics Cards
  • SLI
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 8, 2011 10:05:19 PM

My MB and Video card manuals say to go to the nVidia control panel to enable SLI. I have downloaded the drivers provided with the video cards, and cannot find this setting. All I can find is Set Physx settings, and the manual says its supposed to say "Set SLI and Physx Configuration." Each video card has been tested and works independently. Do I need to re-install new drivers, and if so, how? I couldn't find a setting in the BIOS, but I don't know where I would find it.

I am running 2 identical (EVGA GTX560 Ti) cards, on a Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 MB.

FYI, this is my first build, but everything else seems to be running well. Thanks in advance!

More about : sli option appearing

September 8, 2011 10:17:40 PM

pwange04 said:
My MB and Video card manuals say to go to the nVidia control panel to enable SLI. I have downloaded the drivers provided with the video cards, and cannot find this setting. All I can find is Set Physx settings, and the manual says its supposed to say "Set SLI and Physx Configuration." Each video card has been tested and works independently. Do I need to re-install new drivers, and if so, how? I couldn't find a setting in the BIOS, but I don't know where I would find it.

I am running 2 identical (EVGA GTX560 Ti) cards, on a Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 MB.

FYI, this is my first build, but everything else seems to be running well. Thanks in advance!

You say the two cards are IDENTICAL. Are they truly? If one has more memory than the other, they will not work. A 1GB model is not compatible with a 512MB model or a 1.5GB model.

Also, are you bridging them together with the bridge that came with the cards?
September 9, 2011 1:51:54 AM

Yes. they are truly identical. They are bridged with the MB connector. I dont think the cards came with a connector.
!