red

With the 24 hour races in the endro hall, are they worth taking the time to
do them right away or leave them as long as possible?
Thanks.

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 16:17:29 GMT, "DanStanDaMan"
<danjunk@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>Yes, by doing it in b-spec its counted as a pass and you can triple the
>speed, you do have to tell it when to pit though unfortunately...

Are you sure about that? I've been in b-spec and it auto-pitted when
the tires went red.

Joe62 wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 16:17:29 GMT, "DanStanDaMan"
> <danjunk@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >Yes, by doing it in b-spec its counted as a pass and you can triple the
> >speed, you do have to tell it when to pit though unfortunately...
>
> Are you sure about that? I've been in b-spec and it auto-pitted when
> the tires went red.

that would be handy
--
Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
Stop and Look

Paul Heslop wrote:
> Joe62 wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 16:17:29 GMT, "DanStanDaMan"
>><danjunk@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>>

>>>Yes, by doing it in b-spec its counted as a pass and you can triple the
>>>speed, you do have to tell it when to pit though unfortunately...
>>
>>Are you sure about that? I've been in b-spec and it auto-pitted when
>>the tires went red.
>

> that would be handy

It is...and it does.

massivegrooves wrote:

> Paul Heslop wrote:
> > Joe62 wrote:

> >>Are you sure about that? I've been in b-spec and it auto-pitted when
> >>the tires went red.
> >

> > that would be handy
>
> It is...and it does.

I'm getting tempted. my son has the patience of a volcano which is
about to erupt and can't handle those laps when your tires are blue
and the opponent is skipping off into the distance. He doesn't seem to
take it in that just gunning for it isn't going to win.
--

Paul Heslop wrote:
> massivegrooves wrote:
>
>>Paul Heslop wrote:

>>>that would be handy
>>
>>It is...and it does.
>

> I'm getting tempted. my son has the patience of a volcano which is
> about to erupt and can't handle those laps when your tires are blue
> and the opponent is skipping off into the distance. He doesn't seem to
> take it in that just gunning for it isn't going to win.

Those longer races sometimes require more patience and also driving a
solid line. Especially if it is a case of being fairly equally matched
car-wise to the competition. Unless you just have WAY more car than the
opposition flat-out gunning it is not likely to get it done, or not as
regularly. B-Spec is a blessing for those long, long endurance
races...which I have the actual patience for, but don't have the time to
sit there that long to complete them. Those are also where some of the
best cars are also, prize-wise, so completing them is almost a must
unless you have the cash to buy them straight out...that being if they
are buyable anyway.

massivegrooves wrote:

> Paul Heslop wrote:
> > massivegrooves wrote:

> >>It is...and it does.
> >

> > I'm getting tempted. my son has the patience of a volcano which is
> > about to erupt and can't handle those laps when your tires are blue
> > and the opponent is skipping off into the distance. He doesn't seem to
> > take it in that just gunning for it isn't going to win.
>
> Those longer races sometimes require more patience and also driving a
> solid line. Especially if it is a case of being fairly equally matched
> car-wise to the competition. Unless you just have WAY more car than the
> opposition flat-out gunning it is not likely to get it done, or not as
> regularly. B-Spec is a blessing for those long, long endurance
> races...which I have the actual patience for, but don't have the time to
> sit there that long to complete them. Those are also where some of the
> best cars are also, prize-wise, so completing them is almost a must
> unless you have the cash to buy them straight out...that being if they
> are buyable anyway.

I think there is some very bad bias towards the AI in this game. It is
annoying how you just know your car is better sometimes and you handle
it okay but it just can't win the race. I'm just glad for places like
this so I have a small understanding of the game, and gamefaqs of
course!
--
Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

I've seen the car pit on its own and it automatically refills the fuel
and changes all the tires. This knocks you out of the triple speed. So,
if you set it at triple speed, then it pits - well, the rest of the
race will be in real time. So if you left the PS2 alone on the 24 hr
race, then its going to take about 24 hrs to complete it. I haven't
tried leaving the PS2 on all night yet, but I think I will.

Re the automatic pitting on the b-spec:

You said that it pitted itself when the tires went red but usually when you
enter the pits you have to choose your options and then press x to continue,
does the game choose the options itself after a certain amount of time and
change the tyres and re-fuel by itself.

If it does i'll leave it on overnight!!!!

Thanks

DanStanDaMan

DanStanDaMan wrote:

> Re the automatic pitting on the b-spec:
>
> You said that it pitted itself when the tires went red but usually when you
> enter the pits you have to choose your options and then press x to continue,
> does the game choose the options itself after a certain amount of time and
> change the tyres and re-fuel by itself.
>
> If it does i'll leave it on overnight!!!!
>
> Thanks
>
> DanStanDaMan

Wasn't me Dan but yes, I'd like an answer to this too

--

Arcane Hayter wrote:

> I've seen the car pit on its own and it automatically refills the fuel
> and changes all the tires. This knocks you out of the triple speed. So,
> if you set it at triple speed, then it pits - well, the rest of the
> race will be in real time. So if you left the PS2 alone on the 24 hr
> race, then its going to take about 24 hrs to complete it. I haven't
> tried leaving the PS2 on all night yet, but I think I will.

so it would a good idea to check it every so often just in case
--
Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

I am on the 3rd race now Bspec..it does auto pit on red tires but it kicks
you into real time..I just got up to pee several times thru the night and
reset the triple speed.

--
Father of a Doctoral Student
Counseling Psychology Program

No SpAM wrote:

> I am on the 3rd race now Bspec..it does auto pit on red tires but it kicks
> you into real time..I just got up to pee several times thru the night and
> reset the triple speed.
>
> --
> Father of a Doctoral Student
> Counseling Psychology Program
> Reno Nevada

:O) I do think 8 hours is an incredible amount of time, never mind
24. Any advice on cars/tires etc guys?
--
Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

In article <42442616.EAFDF29@blueyonder.co.uk>, Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> :O) I do think 8 hours is an incredible amount of time, never mind
>24. Any advice on cars/tires etc guys?

Use the hardest race tires. That way less pitstops (and pee
breaks!). Use the fastest car you have if you want to overdog the
race and win without risking having to repeat.

Dave wrote:

> In article <42442616.EAFDF29@blueyonder.co.uk>, Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > :O) I do think 8 hours is an incredible amount of time, never mind
> >24. Any advice on cars/tires etc guys?
>
> Use the hardest race tires. That way less pitstops (and pee
> breaks!). Use the fastest car you have if you want to overdog the
> race and win without risking having to repeat.

thanks Dave. my main concern was watching when the aI takes over after
a race I've often seen them slap my car into corners etc.