PC is not running when i plugged the 4-PIN cpu power connector !!!!

pcgamer221

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
please someone help me with this problem...
when i run the pc without 4pin cpu connector, its worked but no display in monitor...
after plugged the 4pin cpu power connector, smps,hdd,cpu,cpu fan,dvd drive etc.. not working/running..!!!
someone help me plzzzzzzzzzzz
sorry for bad english..

my PC's specs:-
MOBO-ASUS P5KPL-AM IN
CPU-INTEL PENTIUM 4® (cpu working in another mobo)..
RAM-1GB DDR-2
No gfx card
.... PLZ help me plzzz

dustinhawkes

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
Check the manufacturer's website to see if you have the latest bios for your board. However, the most likely culprit is your power supply or motherboard. If there is a bad trace in the copper on the motherboard, this might happen. I would first try using another power supply if you can get your hands on one. If not, take it into a computer repair shop and have them test your power supply after you explain exactly what has happened so they are sure to test the right cables on your PSU.

Good luck.

What do you mean " when i run the pc without 4pin cpu connector, its worked but no display in monitor...
after plugged the 4pin cpu power connector, smps,hdd,cpu,cpu fan,dvd drive etc.. not working/running..!!! " ?

Do you use the right PSU connector?

pcgamer221

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
thnx everyone for reply...

@ COLGeek- My PSU's name is- "ATX P4 POWER SUPPLY JIL-2410 (with 20+4 pin)"...and yes when i turn on pc with cpu power connector, i heared a sparking sound from psu!......

@cin19-yes...

dustinhawkes

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010

A sparking sound in the PSU sounds like a pretty dead give away. Maybe you should have mentioned that first. lol Go get a better power supply. I don't think you should be hearing any sparking sounds coming from any PSU.

pcgamer221

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
i have try my psu with another mobo and its worked fine with 4pin power connector!!! and i try with another psu but my mobo didnt turn on when 4pin power connector plugged in!! :'(...plz help me Mr.COLGeek!!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Okay, lets try this again. You have 2 connections to make on this motherboard. A 4-pin connection, near the CPU and a 20+4 (or 24-pin) connection near the IDE connection. Are both firmly attached to the connections from the power supply?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
If you have a known good PSU properly connected and it still fails to work, then the motherboard is likely defective. If that is the case, there is no feasible way for the OP to fix the motherboard other than replacing it or returning to Asus for exchange/repair.