Sign in with
Your question

How do i get audio from new radeon hd 6770?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 9, 2011 12:33:58 AM

Hello everyone. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong spot. I wasn't really sure what section in which to post this. I recently bought a new radeon HD 6770 for my HP Pavilion. According to the AMD website, I should be able to get HD audio from this card through just an hdmi cable, however I am having trouble doing so. Video works fine, and the hdmi audio device shows up with a green check mark in the control panel sound tab, but no sound comes out of my tv speakers. The onboard audio still works, so I can use that if I have to, but I would like to have the option of connecting my pc to another HD TV which does not have a 3.5 audio jack. I'm not sure what system info is relevant, so here is some basic stuff. If anything else is needed I will be happy to provide it.

System Info

Model: HP Pavilion p6510f

Motherboard: FOXCONN 2A92

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 6770

More about : audio radeon 6770

September 9, 2011 12:49:29 AM

in the sound properties in the tv make sure you have HDMI audio checked......
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 9, 2011 12:52:49 AM

Be sure it's set as the Default playback device.

You can check this simply by right clicking the speaker icon (usually in the bottom right)
Then select Playback devices.

You might see a few different icons, go through them to see which one if your GPU's sound.

Also be sure that your programs are set to use the default audio device.
m
l
Related resources
September 9, 2011 7:14:49 PM

Thanks for the replies.

I checked my tv's settings before and wasn't able to change the audio settings while on that input, but I will take another look.

I have also set the GPU as the default device through the control panel, but I am not sure how to set programs to use the default device.

I also downloaded amd's hd audio drivers and the laters graphics drivers for my card.
m
l
September 9, 2011 7:21:10 PM

I did notice that the hdmi cable does not go all the way into the card because of the way the card is positioned. Could this cause only the video to come through?
m
l
!