V551

Hey guys whats the best bluetooth headset for the motorola V551?
4 answers Last reply
More about v551

    It's largely a matter of personal preference. I use the Motorola HS820. I
    like it most because it's probably the smallest & lightest one I've seen.
    The same charger that charges the 551 will work with it although they do
    give you another charger with the headset. One neat device is that it also
    comes with a "Y" connector that lets you charge the headset and phone at the
    same time from one charger.

    Fred

    "hman567" <hafeez.hussain@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > Hey guys whats the best bluetooth headset for the motorola V551?

    One thing you should know if you go with the HS820 is that once it's
    connected to your V551, you cannot use any custom ringtones. It ALWAYS
    reverts back to the standard Continental tone. I don't know why, but this
    is one feature I hate about this HS820. Other than that, it's a great
    little unit.

    If anybody knows of a fix for using custom ringtones with the HS820 I'd
    really appreciate it.

    Good luck,

    - Tom C.

    "Fred" <agunat@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > It's largely a matter of personal preference. I use the Motorola HS820.
    > like it most because it's probably the smallest & lightest one I've seen.
    > The same charger that charges the 551 will work with it although they do
    > give you another charger with the headset. One neat device is that it
    also
    > comes with a "Y" connector that lets you charge the headset and phone at
    the
    > same time from one charger.
    >
    > Fred
    >
    > "hman567" <hafeez.hussain@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > > Hey guys whats the best bluetooth headset for the motorola V551?

  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Tom,

    You reminded me of to things, maybe you can help. When I dial a number and
    get a busy signal I cannot hang-up from the 820, only from the phone. Does
    your do this? Also another thing is that I make heavy use of the 551's
    calendar to set reminders for me. With the 820 in use I only get a small
    background beep, not the tone the alarm is set to (in a way I guess similar
    to your custom ringbone problem).

    Fred

    "Tom C." <tomc70NO@SPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
    > One thing you should know if you go with the HS820 is that once it's
    > connected to your V551, you cannot use any custom ringtones. It ALWAYS
    > reverts back to the standard Continental tone. I don't know why, but this
    > is one feature I hate about this HS820. Other than that, it's a great
    > little unit.
    >
    > If anybody knows of a fix for using custom ringtones with the HS820 I'd
    > really appreciate it.
    >
    > Good luck,
    >
    > - Tom C.
    >

    > "Fred" <agunat@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > It's largely a matter of personal preference. I use the Motorola HS820.
    > > like it most because it's probably the smallest & lightest one I've
    seen.
    > > The same charger that charges the 551 will work with it although they do
    > > give you another charger with the headset. One neat device is that it
    > also
    > > comes with a "Y" connector that lets you charge the headset and phone at
    > the
    > > same time from one charger.
    > >
    > > Fred
    > >
    > > "hman567" <hafeez.hussain@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > > > Hey guys whats the best bluetooth headset for the motorola V551?

  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 19:27:55 -0500, "hman567"
    <hafeez.hussain@sympatico.ca> wrote:

    >Hey guys whats the best bluetooth headset for the motorola V551?

    I just purchased the Motorola HS850 and I love it. It is rated at 8
    hrs of talk time and 200 hrs of standby. The feature I like is that
    you can turn if off by folding the mic closed.

Bluetooth Gaming Headsets Motorola