V551

Last response: in Technologies
January 24, 2005 10:27:55 PM

Hey guys whats the best bluetooth headset for the motorola V551?

More about : v551

January 26, 2005 1:13:51 AM

It's largely a matter of personal preference. I use the Motorola HS820. I
like it most because it's probably the smallest & lightest one I've seen.
The same charger that charges the 551 will work with it although they do
give you another charger with the headset. One neat device is that it also
comes with a "Y" connector that lets you charge the headset and phone at the
same time from one charger.

Fred

"hman567" <hafeez.hussain@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Hey guys whats the best bluetooth headset for the motorola V551?

Anonymous
January 26, 2005 2:29:51 PM

One thing you should know if you go with the HS820 is that once it's
connected to your V551, you cannot use any custom ringtones. It ALWAYS
reverts back to the standard Continental tone. I don't know why, but this
is one feature I hate about this HS820. Other than that, it's a great
little unit.

If anybody knows of a fix for using custom ringtones with the HS820 I'd
really appreciate it.

Good luck,

- Tom C.

"Fred" <agunat@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> It's largely a matter of personal preference. I use the Motorola HS820.
> like it most because it's probably the smallest & lightest one I've seen.
> The same charger that charges the 551 will work with it although they do
> give you another charger with the headset. One neat device is that it
also
> comes with a "Y" connector that lets you charge the headset and phone at
the
> same time from one charger.
>
> Fred
>
> "hman567" <hafeez.hussain@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > Hey guys whats the best bluetooth headset for the motorola V551?

Related resources
January 26, 2005 6:09:49 PM

Tom,

You reminded me of to things, maybe you can help. When I dial a number and
get a busy signal I cannot hang-up from the 820, only from the phone. Does
your do this? Also another thing is that I make heavy use of the 551's
calendar to set reminders for me. With the 820 in use I only get a small
background beep, not the tone the alarm is set to (in a way I guess similar
to your custom ringbone problem).

Fred

"Tom C." <tomc70NO@SPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
> One thing you should know if you go with the HS820 is that once it's
> connected to your V551, you cannot use any custom ringtones. It ALWAYS
> reverts back to the standard Continental tone. I don't know why, but this
> is one feature I hate about this HS820. Other than that, it's a great
> little unit.
>
> If anybody knows of a fix for using custom ringtones with the HS820 I'd
> really appreciate it.
>
> Good luck,
>
> - Tom C.
>

> "Fred" <agunat@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > It's largely a matter of personal preference. I use the Motorola HS820.
> > like it most because it's probably the smallest & lightest one I've
seen.
> > The same charger that charges the 551 will work with it although they do
> > give you another charger with the headset. One neat device is that it
> also
> > comes with a "Y" connector that lets you charge the headset and phone at
> the
> > same time from one charger.
> >
> > Fred
> >
> > "hman567" <hafeez.hussain@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > > Hey guys whats the best bluetooth headset for the motorola V551?

Anonymous
July 9, 2005 3:43:06 AM

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 19:27:55 -0500, "hman567"
<hafeez.hussain@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>Hey guys whats the best bluetooth headset for the motorola V551?

I just purchased the Motorola HS850 and I love it. It is rated at 8
hrs of talk time and 200 hrs of standby. The feature I like is that
you can turn if off by folding the mic closed.
!