I don't know what to do anymore :(

whitescar911

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
Ok so i just finished building my FIRST PC, and i've had nothing but problems. First i couldn't get past the BIOS due issues with my hard drives and something to do with Marvin and no hard drive detected errors, which i think i have now solved. So i try installing windows 7 i get to the bit where it says

Copying windows files: check
Expanding windows files: 100% check
Installing features: CRASH
Installing updates:
Completing installation:

Blue screened on me with a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error

So did some more research and found out it could be due to having to much ram, so i took 3 sticks out leaving 1 in 16GB down to just 4GB. Tried to install windows 7 again

Copying windows files: check
Expanding windows files: 100% check
Installing features: CRASH
Installing updates:
Completing installation:

BAD_POOL_HEADER I don't know what to do i cant even get into the desktop and my complete noobness around a BIOS isn't helping :( here are my system specs

ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
16GB of corsair vengeance
520GT
1 Western digital hard drive(forget the name something black) 1TB
1 Corsair force GT 120GB
Windows 7 home

I really don't know what to do anymore.

P.S every time i try and install windows again i see 2 partitions 1 called system and the other called primary so something must be installing on there?

whitescar911

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
I sorted that problem out i had to disable marvin and something else, now i get past installing windows because of the blue screen errors

popatim

Titan
Disconnect the Western Digital. Make sure the SSD is on a Intel sata port (see your manual) and set it to ahci in the bios. On post - the corsair should show a firmware version, if its not 1.3.3 then stop and update the firmware first. If its 1.3.3 go ahead and install windows.

Edit- I see people recommending to disable the marvell controller in the bios altogether. Probably not a bad idea.

whitescar911

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
Yes i did end up disabling the marvell controller and it worked. I am also happy to report that the blue screen issue has been solved i updated the BIOS and it worked. However i am now having another problem i have a 120GB SSD but only 74.9GB of 111GB is free, wheres the rest of it gone?