Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Bent 1155 Socket Pins Kill PCIE Slots?

Tags:
  • Components
Last response: in Components
February 6, 2012 9:22:30 PM

Hi, I purchased an ASRock Z68 Professional Gen3 and 2600k to upgrade my PC along with 2 6970 graphics cards and a 1000W Cougar powersupply . I accidentally bent 5 CPU contacts when taking off the slot cover. When I put either 6970 into either of the available slots I get no video output. If I crossfire them then one will work( in the first slot. It reaches 105C in about 20 seconds of gaming) while the other idles. Onboard video works.
So here are my questions:
1. Could bent pins cause the PCIE slots to stop functioning like this while all other funtions on the board work? (the bent pins are in the lower left/middle one row up from the very bottom)
2. Why would crossfire work but they won't work indivisually?
3. Is there a place I should take it to have it repaired or should I just pay ASRock the $50 to fix it(or swap it out, whatever they do)?

More about : bent 1155 socket pins kill pcie slots

February 6, 2012 9:43:13 PM

Your pins are bent, so bend them back. Why would you care which pin is for which ouput/input?
m
l
February 6, 2012 9:48:01 PM

mikeangs2004 said:
Your pins are bent, so bend them back. Why would you care which pin is for which ouput/input?

Thing is pins in the 1155 socket are at a 45 degree angle so it is hard to tell if they are in the right spot and therefore I have no idea if they are making contact with the CPU or not. Just trying to get help diagnosing my issue as I've already tried bending them back into place but it hasn't worked.
m
l
February 18, 2012 1:05:52 AM

Hi matt, im in the same boat, my monitor will display no signall every few seconds or so,
I bent my cpu pins back the best i could and i am in the process of rma'ing my asus board.
Please let me know when you get your issue resolved and how you did it.
I will post here if i find any helpful information!

Good luck,
Max
m
l