NO SIGNAL?!?!?!?!

ssmith91

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
I just bought a used computer from a friend of mine. Second day having it I am now experiencing a major issue. I am getting no signal. It is running an asus p5ql pro mobo, a core 2 duo, xfx radeon hd6950 graphics card with an acer h233h monitor and also hooked up to my samsung 42 inch Tv via hdmi. He did a reformat and reinstalled the operating system before selling it to me. I don't know much about computers but since I am getting nobsignal from either my hdmi to Tv or Xvi to monitor it seems to be a graphics card issue? Maybe having to do with the bios settup? Ive tried to kill the power supply, unplug ect. All my connections are fine(exterior at least)

GenericUser

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
Did you have signal to begin with at any point? Are you able to see anything, even just a logo screen when booting? It's possible that the right output isn't selected on your monitor. Try and mess with the buttons on the monitor and look for DVI or HDMI output mode.

ssmith91

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
I used it for an hour, left it on overnight, used it yesterday a little and put it to sleep then it wouldn't turn back on, and I am now finding the time to figure it out. Monitor recognizes the input and so does Tv but says to check devices power

ssmith91

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
So I decided to pull off the side and check it out. I pulled the video card and powered on. No beeping. So my mobo is not posting. Also when I power on everything goes up, power supply, heatsink, fans, lights. Then shuts off for maybe one full second and powers back on.