Need advise on $1000 gaming comp

foulsmell

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
i figure since its going to cost me over $700 to upgrade to what i want, might as well get a new computer for bout $1000. i priced one out at ibuypower.com and it came to $1134. so i'm going to wait till black friday/cyber monday to see if theres a sale. either on this one or something like it. either way i've got my mind set on the i5-2500k cpu and 560ti vid card.
i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to computers so any help would be appriciated.
is there anything that looks out of place or is garbage?
is there any where i can go cheaper?
should i get the CPU overclocked 10% ($19), 20%($49) or not at all?
i'd like it to play swtor at max or close to it, and a few others over time. thanks for you time and input.

Case: NZXT Tempest EVO Gaming Case-Black

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K Processor (4x 3.30GHz/6MB L3 Cache)

Motherboard:1 x ASUS P8Z68-V LX -- Lucid Virtu Technology

Memory: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3-1600 ** Corsair or Major Brand

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti EVGA Superclocked-Single Card

Case Lighting: None

Power Supply: 850 Watt: XFX Core Edition PRO

Processor Cooling: Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-1155]-[Free Upgrade] Standard 120mm Fan

Primary Hard Drive: 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, Power Saving, 3.0Gb/s-Single Drive

Data Hard Drive: None

2nd Optical Drive: None

Optical Drive: 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive-Black

Sound Card:3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard

Network Card: Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel)-64-Bit

Warranty: 3 Year Standard Warranty Service

Meter Display:None

Flash Media Reader / Writer: 12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer-Black

iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise Reduction: None

iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal Expansion: None

iBUYPOWER PowerDrive: None

Motherboard USB / SATA Interface: Motherboard default USB / SATA Interface

USB Expansion:None

Intel Smart Response Technology:None

Case Engraving Service: None

Subtotal
$1,134.00

phyco126

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
If you are getting a PC with the 2500K, then you should be able to OC it yourself when you get it. It is very, VERY easy to do. No use paying someone else to do it for you. It all looks okay, and will certainly game for a while. Only way you are going to go cheaper is to probably build it yourself.

foulsmell

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011

yea, but i'm an idiot when it comes to computers.. i'm happy if it just turns on. no way am i going to tackle something i havent the 1st clue about to save $19.