Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Can you guys/girls tell me if this is a good setup for gaming machine?

Last response: in Systems
Share
November 6, 2011 4:40:32 PM

Can you guys/girls tell me if this is a good setup for gaming machine?

x2 GTX 560 1gb(Plain one not the TI version)
AMD Phenom x4 955 @3.2Ghz
Crucial Ballistix Sport 8 GB DDR3 1333
Samsung spinpoit F3EFG 500 GB
Gigabyte Ga-970a-d3 AMD

THANKS :o 
a c 91 B Homebuilt system
a c 246 4 Gaming
November 6, 2011 4:51:15 PM

With the price you're paying for dual 560s, why not a single EVGA 570 or 580?

Get a single 570, invest the difference in getting a better motherboard and CPU combo, like maybe the AMD FX-8150 and the Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3.
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
November 6, 2011 5:03:53 PM

Yeah it'd be good. For gaming you don't really need a better CPU.
Related resources
November 6, 2011 5:09:17 PM

g-unit1111 said:
With the price you're paying for dual 560s, why not a single EVGA 570 or 580?

Get a single 570, invest the difference in getting a better motherboard and CPU combo, like maybe the AMD FX-8150 and the Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3.


So you said get a different graphics card.So I chose this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
EVGA GTX 570

But will it be better than the SLI GTX 560?

And will either one of the graphics setups run bf3 at ultra or high?
November 6, 2011 5:36:14 PM

FinneousPJ said:
Yeah it'd be good. For gaming you don't really need a better CPU.

So the CPU is alright?
And also whats the minimum PSU voltage for the first config?

Thanks :o 
November 6, 2011 11:35:03 PM

Whats your budget? Fill out this...
November 6, 2011 11:48:48 PM

raptorxrx said:
Whats your budget? Fill out this...


$700 is the highest im willing to go.
November 7, 2011 12:13:14 AM

agiste101 said:
$700 is the highest im willing to go.


Without OS?
And let me get this straight. You want to run BF3 at Ultra on a 700 dollar budget? That will be extremely hard to do.
November 7, 2011 12:31:17 AM

raptorxrx said:
Without OS?
And let me get this straight. You want to run BF3 at Ultra on a 700 dollar budget? That will be extremely hard to do.


Yes without OS and the case and the PSU. And I said ultra or high.
November 7, 2011 12:33:57 AM

This won't run BF3 on ultra, but you will be able to play it.
DVD Burner
Antec 300
HDD
Gigabyte Motherboard
Sapphire 6850
Corsair 650w PSU
Corsair 4 GB RAM
AMD Rana Triple-Core


That would run BF3, but not on ultra settings. You would have to at least double your budget for that. Hard Drive prices are insane right now because of flooding in Thailand. Please keep those people in your hearts as the flooding has killed at least 300 people.

That does not have an OS obviously. That would put you up to around 800, but you could always run Ubuntu, or if you can acquire it a cheaper way get it that way. If not here's a link to Windows 7 Home Premium OEM.

That would be my 700$ build.

Now I have some questions for you.

1. How did you do a 570 or SLI GTX 560's in a 700$ budget?
2. Will you please fill this out? It would help anyone trying to give you help and would allow us to give you the best build for what you want.


~Raptor


a c 136 B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
November 7, 2011 12:35:33 AM

FinneousPJ said:
Yeah it'd be good. For gaming you don't really need a better CPU.


That is true ......... but a little less true when you have multiple graphic card rigs .

The cpu starts to get left behind and becomes a bottleneck .
November 7, 2011 12:44:40 AM

raptorxrx said:
This won't run BF3 on ultra, but you will be able to play it.
DVD Burner
Antec 300
HDD
Gigabyte Motherboard
Sapphire 6850
Corsair 650w PSU
Corsair 4 GB RAM
AMD Rana Triple-Core


That would run BF3, but not on ultra settings. You would have to at least double your budget for that. Hard Drive prices are insane right now because of flooding in Thailand. Please keep those people in your hearts as the flooding has killed at least 300 people.

That does not have an OS obviously. That would put you up to around 800, but you could always run Ubuntu, or if you can acquire it a cheaper way get it that way. If not here's a link to Windows 7 Home Premium OEM.

That would be my 700$ build.

Now I have some questions for you.

1. How did you do a 570 or SLI GTX 560's in a 700$ budget?
2. Will you please fill this out? It would help anyone trying to give you help and would allow us to give you the best build for what you want.


~Raptor


Budget:$700
Usage:Varies(Gaming and internet mostly)
Parts Not Required:Monitor,Speakers,Keyboard,Mouse,OS
Preferred site: Newegg(But I am open to other suggestions
Parts Preference:Any but I find Intels are overpriced
Overclocking:Maybe
SLI:Yes
Monitor Resolution:1440x900

So basically thats it.
November 7, 2011 12:51:36 AM

If that is it than my build should work pretty well. Hopefully somebody else will chime in too.

~Raptor
November 7, 2011 12:56:14 AM

raptorxrx said:
If that is it than my build should work pretty well. Hopefully somebody else will chime in too.

~Raptor


Thanks :o 
But I might stick with the SLI.Sorry :p 
November 7, 2011 1:03:47 AM

Go ahead but how are you going to do all of that in your budget. If you can it will be more powerful, but I don't know what to make cheaper. Where are you ordering parts?
SLI GTX 560's are 360$ right there...
a b 4 Gaming
November 7, 2011 1:26:37 AM

AT 1440x900 the 560ti would likely max BF3 on Ultra if you turn off AA or keep it at a minimum. I say this after reading a few other forums.

Will the setup you listed play it on ultra ? Yep.
November 7, 2011 8:52:23 AM

raptorxrx said:
Go ahead but how are you going to do all of that in your budget. If you can it will be more powerful, but I don't know what to make cheaper. Where are you ordering parts?
SLI GTX 560's are 360$ right there...


GTX 560 x2:$379.98
Phenom 955:$119.99(this one is from TigerDirect)
Gigabyte MoBo:$99.99
Spinpoint:$99.99

Do the math.The PSU and the other things not mentioned here will come in later.So if you check, it should come up to about $900+

So did I give you enough raptorxrx?
November 7, 2011 9:05:27 AM

I would REALLY not advise to buy a HDD now. The prices are just crazy - THREE times as expensive as two months ago. It actually makes more sense to get an SSD now - they're constantly getting cheaper and are super fast - buy the HDD later. Though, if you are on a tight budget, an SSD is not helping it really...
November 7, 2011 11:15:30 AM

Oh... I was really missing something. You meant 700 for GPU CPU MOBO and HDD... whoops!
November 7, 2011 6:53:20 PM

raptorxrx said:
Oh... I was really missing something. You meant 700 for GPU CPU MOBO and HDD... whoops!


I thought you already knew that.So this was partly my fault. :p 
November 7, 2011 10:09:13 PM

tulx said:
I would REALLY not advise to buy a HDD now. The prices are just crazy - THREE times as expensive as two months ago. It actually makes more sense to get an SSD now - they're constantly getting cheaper and are super fast - buy the HDD later. Though, if you are on a tight budget, an SSD is not helping it really...


Thanks.I didn't know that.
November 7, 2011 10:44:05 PM

That was my bad for not paying as much attention to reading as needed... So sorry!

Quote:
I would REALLY not advise to buy a HDD now. The prices are just crazy - THREE times as expensive as two months ago. It actually makes more sense to get an SSD now - they're constantly getting cheaper and are super fast - buy the HDD later. Though, if you are on a tight budget, an SSD is not helping it really...

+1 The reason for the insane prices is the flooding in Thailand...


I can't find anything saying that that motherboard supports SLI. That would be a problem if i'm right. I would go with this instead, for a little more.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Quote:
But will it be better than the SLI GTX 560?

This is what I found. http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1028498&mpage=1

Quote:
Thanks.I didn't know that.


Go back some posts....

Quote:
Hard Drive prices are insane right now because of flooding in Thailand.


:D  :D 

~Raptor
November 9, 2011 11:43:29 PM

raptorxrx said:
That was my bad for not paying as much attention to reading as needed... So sorry!

Quote:
I would REALLY not advise to buy a HDD now. The prices are just crazy - THREE times as expensive as two months ago. It actually makes more sense to get an SSD now - they're constantly getting cheaper and are super fast - buy the HDD later. Though, if you are on a tight budget, an SSD is not helping it really...

+1 The reason for the insane prices is the flooding in Thailand...


I can't find anything saying that that motherboard supports SLI. That would be a problem if i'm right. I would go with this instead, for a little more.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Quote:
But will it be better than the SLI GTX 560?

This is what I found. http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1028498&mpage=1

Quote:
Thanks.I didn't know that.


Go back some posts....

Quote:
Hard Drive prices are insane right now because of flooding in Thailand.


:D  :D 

~Raptor


Thanks for the info.
!