580 SLI Heat issue?

Garfunkel64

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
Hey guys (and gals), I am transplanting the guts from a Stock BB computer to a new Chassis. I intend on adding a second GTX 580 and have the two in SLI. The case I plan to get is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146073 with an EVGA mobo with PCIe 2.0x16 (1x16 or 5x8, x1) and an i7 2600k. Was wondering how the best way would be to keep the Monsters cool when they get up to speed. (Might add a third later). Thanks!

Solution
The best option to cooling is water cooling. If you aren't into that, good airflow in a case. Video cards tend to dump hot air out the back of the case. They will still get hot though. An NZXT Phantom already has 4 fans; 2 of which are on the side panel. that should be enough to cool your cards sufficiently. You can add another 200mm fan at the top if you want to.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
The best option to cooling is water cooling. If you aren't into that, good airflow in a case. Video cards tend to dump hot air out the back of the case. They will still get hot though. An NZXT Phantom already has 4 fans; 2 of which are on the side panel. that should be enough to cool your cards sufficiently. You can add another 200mm fan at the top if you want to.

Solution

cygone

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009

Wow, some people just give very WRONG advice, then people beleive it and mark it as the best answer! Shame on you